I Have A Dream!.......pump Track/slope Style Course

Postby danz411 on Tue 20/Jul/10 10:42am

What's up everyone i gotta question??? why doesn't wellington's inner city have a decent MTB PUMP TRACK OR JUMP PARK....i mean this towns MTBING crazy up the wazoo! So how come we haven't build something radical yet??? I got told there was something up in central park so i cheak it out!....'No offence' it was the size of a paddling pool, Good intenstion i'm sure but definitly not for anyone over the age of 12years clearly make for the kids, Karitane forest jumps are a sold effort! and fun and i can tell they've been made by people who ride bikes 'much respect guys thanks!...but what i'm talking about is more of a intermediate level skills JUMP PARK/SLOPE STYLE COURSE, with smooth rollers, high banked berms, single and double hits, snake run, wooden stuctures, drop downs and wall rides.....I big ask i know but definitly possible.......I have a DREAM!....

P.s only leave constructive comments please....No silly little haters!!!
Thanks,Heavy d=)
Last edited by danz411 on Tue 20/Jul/10 2:43pm, edited 2 times in total.
danz411
"ABSOLUTE ARSE RIPPER!"
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Re: I Have A Dream!.......pump Track/slope Style Course

Postby wuffy on Tue 20/Jul/10 10:48am

Good luck.
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby Trail on Tue 20/Jul/10 10:52am

If you have a dream, then follow it through. Put in the hard yards by personally driving the project to get permission, funding and people to construct it etc

The only way these sort of things happen is if there is someone passionate who is driving and championing the idea!
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby slimdog on Tue 20/Jul/10 11:04am

Two words governmental bureaucracy.
slimdog
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby cruiser on Tue 20/Jul/10 11:11am

Don't listen to him...councils will listen, but it often takes time, or do it through a trusted group

kapiti has some of the structures you crave my son, but it's pretty dero

Karori is getting a very cool DJ/ pump track built at the mo, although weather is stuffing it up, no slopestyle there.

waikanae has a new DH track being built on private land, maybe options to talk there?

Or te mirimar guys??

I'd say join a track building group and put your hand up. others may be with you, but won't do it for you

Wellington is def on it's way to undisputed MTB Capitol of NZ :cool: :thumbsup:
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby Robbie on Tue 20/Jul/10 11:13am

slimdog wrote:Two words governmental bureaucracy.

This is RUBBISH
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby bugle on Tue 20/Jul/10 11:23am

Robbie wrote:
slimdog wrote:Two words governmental bureaucracy.

This is RUBBISH

w3rd

Find a location, create a plan then take it to Council. You wont have an prob finding pep's to help once the ok is given
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Robbie on Tue 20/Jul/10 11:25am

What he said !!
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Colin on Tue 20/Jul/10 12:03pm

cruiser wrote:I'd say join a track building group and put your hand up. others may be with you, but won't do it for you

Wellington is def on it's way to undisputed MTB Capitol of NZ :cool: :thumbsup:

Talk to the Wellington MTB Club
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby NigeS on Tue 20/Jul/10 12:23pm

Word Colin, http://www.wmtbc.org.nz/

Last Saturday the WMTBC had a dig at the 4X track at Mt Albert, which previously had a heap of work done on it to get it up to Nat's standard. Hadley Boyce (through the club) is revamping the Karori BMX track with DJ's and a pump track. And Vee is leading the 'Dual Lines' track at Long Gully that might be your style. So there's heaps going on, join the club (if you haven't already) and get involved :thumbsup:
NigeS
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Tue 20/Jul/10 12:54pm

NICE ONE NIGE :thumbsup:

Currently hadley boyce has committed to the massive project of re developing the kaori bmx track into a gravity skills park. he has put a serious amount of work in so far but he is really running short of help ,this is a massive project ,one that someone like you needs to be involved with if it is to be completed.

part of the councils requirement is that he construct a pump track for the kiddies, he has almost completed that, the next faze is to start building an adult sized one ,this sounds exactly what your after , or do you just want someone to build it for you?

if you mean business and you want to put your money where your mouth is, then give him a call, please do, he really needs some support at the moment. hadley boyce - 02729396339

w3rd joining the wellington Mountain bike club, as a member of this club i make it my personal goal to help individuals work through our club to develop new riding opportunities that everyone can benifit from. Our club has an awsome reputation with the council and we make things happen :thumbsup:
Last edited by Mike_the_Hippy on Tue 20/Jul/10 1:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike_the_Hippy
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Tue 20/Jul/10 12:56pm

if anyone out there has a chance could they post some current pictures of the developments of the work up at the kaori bmx track, cheers
Mike_the_Hippy
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby cruiser on Tue 20/Jul/10 1:35pm

Welly-Whistler FTW :D
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby danz411 on Tue 20/Jul/10 3:14pm

ABSOLUTE RIPPER! Already had some really good feedback, thanks people...'WOW' The transformation of the kaori bmx track into something more park like and MTB friendly sounds very promising too...?? I'd certainly be keen to contribute to something more original up there and am totally all for the get involved do it yourself approach ( HARD BOY!!!) definitly not afraid to get my hands dirty Thanks Mike_the _HiPPY for your post....I'll be in contact soon!
HD.
danz411
"ABSOLUTE ARSE RIPPER!"
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Postby its that guy on Tue 20/Jul/10 3:40pm

Central park slope style course :lol: ....

Na actually that would be mint...
its that guy
"Lurkin"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts