Hauppauge 900h & Usb Pci Card Help Please

Postby sooby on Wed 22/Feb/12 9:26am

howdy guys,

So I've bought a Hauppauge HVR 900H USB tuner and I'm having a few problems getting it going.

The desktop PC I'm trying to instal it into only has USB1.0, so I;m looking at upgrading to USB2.0 with this USB PCI CARD S0097: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =450343682

Would this work?? Is it as easy as opening PC case and physically swapping the PCI cards, or is there more to it than that?

The other problem I'm having is the Hauppauge HVR 900H was bought without an installation CD, so without it I can't load WinTV. Does anyone have the install CD's available?

Does anyone have experience with nextPVR? http://www.nextpvr.com/ As that would be one quick fix instead of WinTV. Altho the system requirements list 512MB RAM, and the old PC I want to instal on is only 128MB RAM - is this going to be a problem?

Appreciate any help & advice
sooby
"sofa king retarded"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Hauppauge 900h & Usb Pci Card Help Please

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Wed 22/Feb/12 2:22pm

I can't help on the PCI swap to USB2.
You certainly won't be able to use the DVB-T port of that card with that PC. Assume you're planning on capturing analogue transmissions from somewhere? I'd be very suprised if you've got enough RAM even for that though. Or any decent video hardware to actually show recognisable images.
Why not just get a cheap ex-office pentium 4 or dual core PC from TM, chuck in a DVB-S card ($100 tops for all that), connect it to an old sky dish and off you go with whatever media application you want
BrokenKonaRider
"Pants"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Hauppauge 900h & Usb Pci Card Help Please

Postby sooby on Wed 22/Feb/12 3:32pm

thanks BKR,

looking into it further you are right the PC is too old, will wait for work to upgrade then grab one of their old rigs - that oughta do the job with less messing around!

Cheers for that info - thought the idea was worth a shot, just needed an outsiders view to set me straight.
sooby
"sofa king retarded"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Sifting - Latest Posts