Re: Has Anyone Broken Their Little Toe Before?

Postby DropKick on Tue 15/Sep/09 3:05pm

Oli wrote:I don't know if this has been said alreay, but there's probably nothing a doctor can do. I think you should just strap it up and stop being such a pooftah. :)

Yus thats pretty much the gist of it. You only order a test (in this case an xray) if the result might change your management, whether its broken or not it clearly hurts, so strapping it to the one next to it is probably going to be the advice anyway, why order a $75 xray when you're gonna use 3 cents of tape to fix it...

scatter wrote::blink:

I thought NSAIDs (like Voltaren) inhibited bone healing.

They do, interestingly "inflammation" is one of the 4 stages of bone healing.

They still prescribe them for breaks though, I dont quite understand it (probably not that great an effect on healing relative to the pain relieve), but in any case Panadol would be a better choice if it will deal with the pain (less side effects in other body parts anyway)
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 7 months

I Felt Sooo Broken

Postby tankman on Tue 15/Sep/09 3:30pm

DropKick wrote:....in any case Panadol would be a better choice if it will deal with the pain (less side effects in other body parts anyway)

So true.
After existing on a steady diet of Voltaren and Panadol for 9 months post-R.S.I. diagnosis I can attest to the fact that it can seriously fark you up ! :crazy:
tankman
"I can't do what I wanna do with you, you weren't even born in the 80's"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Tue 15/Sep/09 8:24pm

The little toe on my left foot is a fused lump of bone and gristle, but I can't give any advice on the medical stuff cause I was only 7 when it happened, the nail has grown like a talon ever since, which is less cool and more yuck than you'd think :(
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 15/Sep/09 8:32pm

Dr DK wrote:
scatter wrote::blink:

I thought NSAIDs (like Voltaren) inhibited bone healing.

They do, interestingly "inflammation" is one of the 4 stages of bone healing.

Which is why arthritic cripples like us scatter, end up all gnarled and twisted from all the inflamation as the bone grows around the inflamation
Another case of Iritis by the bye as well
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 15/Sep/09 8:37pm

Tama wrote:Should I just tape it to the toe next to it, or two toes?

The toe next to it, I ended up with a few breaks in my second to little toe earlier this year and after xrays and all sorts of fucking around (I swear the doctor was leaving the room to read his text book) It was taped it to the smallest one, needed to swap the tape every few days and I think I had it taped for about a month. In between the toes was a folded over piece of gauze stuffs.

edt) I found a pic! yummy, I think this was a few days after I did it, whole foot was still swollen from the general steaming it got in the incident.
oooh yeah baby.jpg
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Conners on Tue 15/Sep/09 11:16pm

You only have five toes in that pic?
Conners
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Health | Sifting - Latest Posts