Hargle Blast!

Postby sham on Wed 14/May/08 8:43pm

well, i was just contemplating the lack of use for this forum and wondering what could be done (if anything should be done) and thought that maybe it was just somthing to do with the lack of club members on vorb.

Then it occurred to me that as far as i can tell pretty much all riders have at least signed up on vorb if not ridiculously and hopelessly addicted.. not to mention any names.

so then i thought that maybe it has somthing to do with club membership... ahuh. unfortuneately there seems to be a dire need for people to "harden the fuck up" for winter.... so is there anything we can do for the club over winter? or do we flounder until summer and pounce on soft "mtbers" when the thaw...

hmm yeah. just a ramble.

sam
sham
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Owen on Wed 14/May/08 8:47pm

Ramble ramble *lurk*
Owen
Member for: 16 years 5 months

Postby sham on Wed 14/May/08 8:59pm

Fuck me that was fast... knew there was no needto mention names!
sham

Postby Owen on Wed 14/May/08 9:06pm

Judging by the emails and things that were in the inbox when I took over, it sounds like the club has been struggling for a number of years. The last two or three being the worst. I would love to get the club up on its feet properly with some fixed assets and so forth, unfortunately I lack the skills and time to do this :-p First and foremost Ive been waiting for brent to finish dicking around with uni games stuff so I can access the club account (Im told there is a few hundy in there), then I can start buying some crap for people to use (tools, work stand). Then, (maybe) people will want to use the club. As it stands at the moment, I think its just the old student lethargy coming through, including from my self, cos Im not committed enough to go nuts with the it :)
Owen

Postby Owen on Wed 14/May/08 9:13pm

Oh, haggis and bag pipes help.
Owen

Postby Owen on Wed 14/May/08 10:30pm

oh, and winter, fun missions rather than going up tip track in the rain *cough* or car parts in the dark, or deliverance in the dark , there seems to be some sort of pattern here. Daniel, Andrew and I are working on something that should subject the roadies to a fair amount of shame (Daniel will of course deny this).
Owen

Postby crashmeister on Fri 16/May/08 11:43am

ive been looking to organise a skate park session, but i've just had the biggest project ever so its been all work, does anyone know a park better than the waitangi park one?
crashmeister

Postby Owen on Fri 16/May/08 12:44pm

I know what you mean about the fucken work. We had a park session at shaffers (selling??) last night, it wasn't to bad, though Im fucked today. Next time I shall send out an email and organise it properly, it was a sort of impromptu ride after dinner.
Owen

Postby sham on Fri 16/May/08 11:14pm

um would be keen for maidstone at some point. right by the dh so we could
do both...
sham

Postby Owen on Fri 16/May/08 11:17pm

Sweet yeh, maidstone is out for the moment, the whole thing is in the process of being reconstructed, not actually to sure what stage its at, but I heard through the grape vine that your not allowed to ride there at the mo..
Owen

Postby sham on Sat 17/May/08 11:10am

FAIL
sham

Clubs | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Victoria University MTB Club | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts