Postby Spokes on Fri 11/Apr/08 9:59pm

Prof. Badtouch wrote:
Spokes wrote:

Following your line of argument then, thier should be no National MTB series as people will drive from all over the country to get to each round. They will buy new parts that use resourses to be made. Is that what you mean commissar?

If the mtb Nationals ever became a significant event, then yeah, it is definitely something that will have to be looked at. But at the moment it is pretty insignificant compared to the V8s.

Well commissar, shall we cancel the Olympics, Rugby world cup, Tour de France,etc,etc? Any of these will use far more resources than the V8s.

Green is the new Red.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby musket on Fri 11/Apr/08 10:01pm

Good point.
musket
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby happy on Sat 12/Apr/08 8:56am

Mel wrote: Happy, you need to take a detour. Most ideal is Norton Road, unless that is closed to peds/cyclists? Shouldn't be. Go down Norton, Maeroa, Seddon, to the back of the Stadium, drop into the access track on the left before you get to the Stadium carpark, follow this gully through to Ulster St by the Golf Driving range, then follow your nose to work. That way you even get to do a little offroading on your commute. :thumbsup:

If Norton is closed, you'll have to take the long way around by going down to Killarney Rd roundabout. Stink.

Or take the bus. ;)

Thanks Mel as you seem to be the only one who bothered to respond in any way constructively.
Norton road is closed due to the construction of Norton Road Roundabout and the new rail bridge in which the road will go under so id still have to go over the bridge from Dinsdale.
Yes I could go Killarney - Queens etc but if im going to do that then i may as well go Kahikitea - Pembroke and through town.
or as you say, get the bus till its done.

My 5c on the whole V8s environmental blah blah wank on sustainable crap is that even if YOU personally are going out of your way to improve the global problem we have like griowing your own vegetales and meat, not driving a car nor use any form of plastics disposable nappies or products improted from china then a gold star to you!!!
As it is and even if all the mentoned above events are banned like the V8s and rugby and tour de France wank wank then you still thave the issue of supply of bottled water and other such things.
If you want to fix the world then i suggest you turn your pc off now and at least you can save some power. ;)
happy
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 12/Apr/08 10:31am

happy wrote:
Mel wrote: Happy, you need to take a detour. Most ideal is Norton Road, unless that is closed to peds/cyclists? Shouldn't be. Go down Norton, Maeroa, Seddon, to the back of the Stadium, drop into the access track on the left before you get to the Stadium carpark, follow this gully through to Ulster St by the Golf Driving range, then follow your nose to work. That way you even get to do a little offroading on your commute. :thumbsup:

If Norton is closed, you'll have to take the long way around by going down to Killarney Rd roundabout. Stink.

Or take the bus. ;)

Thanks Mel as you seem to be the only one who bothered to respond in any way constructively.
Norton road is closed due to the construction of Norton Road Roundabout and the new rail bridge in which the road will go under so id still have to go over the bridge from Dinsdale.
Yes I could go Killarney - Queens etc but if im going to do that then i may as well go Kahikitea - Pembroke and through town.
or as you say, get the bus till its done.
I did just on MSN*, I even had visual aids.

*Didn't know if you would have wanted everyone to know where you lived is all.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby happy on Sat 12/Apr/08 10:35am

yers you are right Datsane, fogot about that :thumbsup:
happy
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Mel on Sat 12/Apr/08 11:06am

Happy, you need to write a letter of complaint to Transit and Hamilton City Council to let them know that it is unsatisfactory for Norton Road to be closed to cyclists and peds. It would be good for them to hear from a commuter such as yourself.

The project managers (hmmm, that might be someone who works at your company :0 ) just couldn't be arsed figuring out how to accommodate the peds and cyclists while the works were in progress.

Useless. :hmmm:

Is it also possible to go down Forest Lake Road? I don't know where you live.
Mel
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 12/Apr/08 11:11am

Mel wrote: Happy, you need to write a letter of complaint to Transit and Hamilton City Council to let them know that it is unsatisfactory for Norton Road to be closed to cyclists and peds. It would be good for them to hear from a commuter such as yourself.

The project managers (hmmm, that might be someone who works at your company :0 ) just couldn't be arsed figuring out how to accommodate the peds and cyclists while the works were in progress.

Useless. :hmmm:

Is it also possible to go down Forest Lake Road? I don't know where you live.
It would be just adds extra distance to his ride.
Dinsdale over Bremworth ways :thumbsup:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby RussS on Sat 12/Apr/08 10:47pm

:eh: What a waste of reading time

thought I have read some mindless pap before .......... :baaa:

happy - Yes it is a pain in the butt right now, but hopefully next year things will be better thought out. Like what idiot decided Norton Rd just had to be done when there was so much other work going on? Or when are the going to fire the idiot that authorised the work on Ulster St a couple weeks back when the other main artery from the north was reduced to 1/2 its usual capacity?
RussS
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby skid12a on Wed 23/Apr/08 3:51pm

While were on the "things that should be done" topic, I would greatly like to see Cobham drive bridge realigned and made 4 lines right through from pak'n'save up to Hamiton gardens, im sure any person who has tried to get through there at peak time each day will agree with me.
skid12a
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby Mel on Wed 23/Apr/08 4:06pm

Pissed off with the congestion in Hamilton? Ride your bike. ;)
Mel
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby slidecontrol on Wed 23/Apr/08 4:18pm

Mel wrote: Pissed off with the congestion in Hamilton? Ride your bike. ;)

damn straight :thumbsup:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby skid12a on Wed 23/Apr/08 5:35pm

Mel wrote: Pissed off with the congestion in Hamilton? Ride your bike. ;)

What is this "bike" you speak of?? :eh:
Seriously though a ride from Hillcrest to the far side of Glenview on a 9" travel Dh bike or a 20" bmx doesnt do wonders for ya first thing in the morning (especially when you work in an office, if ya get my drift)
skid12a
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby slidecontrol on Wed 23/Apr/08 5:39pm

if you're not part of the solution.......
slidecontrol

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Wed 23/Apr/08 5:41pm

slidecontrol wrote: if you're not part of the solution.......

You're part of the precipitate? :eh:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby slidecontrol on Wed 23/Apr/08 5:43pm

zigactly!
slidecontrol

Cycling | Motoring | Motorsport | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts