Growing Crowd For Thursday Rides

Postby TuiAllen on Fri 20/May/11 5:16pm

We got 13 riders turn up for the ride up the mountain in the dark last night. I was the only female - you don't notice it so much when there are only 6 or 7 riders, but you feel a bit intimidated when there's that many of them. So come on girls, I need some back-up. Some of these guys are gorgeous :love: - you shouldn't be letting me keep them all to myself. Actually its too dark to see them but they sound gorgeous. All you really see is this blazing headlight from the zone of where their head must be.
Its so exciting tearing down the hill afterwards in the dark. Specially up there in the bush before you get back to the tarseal.
The Pirongia publican was very pleased to see us all rolling in afterwards and the local rural fraternity is getting more accustomed to seeing guys in tights prancing around in the pub.
One worry though, :hmmm: I got home and a woman had just phoned up to say she was freaked out because some of us were riding downhill on he wrong side of the road at speed. She lives on Sainsbury so we should be more careful for two reasons. We're all too young to die and we want to keep on the right side of the locals - we depend on their goodwill. She spoke to Jeff and he said she was very nice about it - not at all bitchy, more concerned for our safety than grumpy.
TuiAllen
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Growing Crowd For Thursday Rides

Postby nagem on Fri 20/May/11 6:45pm

I'd come if I didn't have to ride up Sainsbury :D
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby slidecontrol on Fri 20/May/11 7:08pm

I didn't ride up :lol:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby TuiAllen on Fri 20/May/11 7:29pm

You can drive up and start from the gate.
TuiAllen
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby nagem on Fri 20/May/11 10:07pm

But then I can't ride down the hill! :D

You may see me on Thursday.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby seaston4 on Fri 20/May/11 10:20pm

nagem wrote:I'd come if I didn't have to ride up Sainsbury :D

slidecontrol wrote:I didn't ride up :lol:

It's more fun riding from the pub, then when you get back to the pub, you have an excuse to have a beer :o
seaston4
"When are we going to Rotorua next?"
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Clubs | WAMO MTB Club - Latest Posts