Alain Prost
No votes
Niki Lauda
2%
Bruce McLaren
22%

Total voters : 54

Postby Colin on Mon 31/Jul/06 1:23pm

Back in the days when F1 cars passed each other on the track, rather than in the pits.

Bring back mechanical rather than aerodynamic grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0_aoFd ... 1%20engine
Colin
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby phunk on Mon 31/Jul/06 1:30pm

Colin wrote: Back in the days when F1 cars passed each other on the track, rather than in the pits.

Bring back mechanical rather than aerodynamic grip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv0_aoFd ... 1%20engine

Holy crap, that was cool.
phunk
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Logger on Mon 31/Jul/06 1:45pm

XCrider wrote:
hedz wrote:
WelshStoat wrote: On Behalf of all Mothers with Pushchairs, Cyclists, Pedestrians and Badgers..... Everywhere...

I'd like to vote for "Every Driver who's never caused an accident, or driven without due care & attention."

:)
Word :cool:

Agreed :D
Logger
"'On time everytime'"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Robbie on Mon 31/Jul/06 1:53pm

Some drivers, like Alain prost, were in their day the fastest and safest in f1.

The next time you sit next to some person driving you about, ask yourself: are they taking the process a seriously as a pilot would in a light aircraft..
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Malcy on Mon 31/Jul/06 2:28pm

ahem, Carlos, cough.

And Vin Diesil was pretty choise in XXX and in The fast and the Furious!!

Or there is Jimmy Carr, who did mighty well on Top Gear...

Juha Karkkenen was pretty good. Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill have done well in different forms of motorsport.

And what about the legends of the Paris-Dakkar race? Those fellas a legends!!
Malcy
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Logger on Mon 31/Jul/06 2:32pm

robbieracer wrote: Some drivers, like Alain prost, were in their day the fastest and safest in f1.

The next time you sit next to some person driving you about, ask yourself: are they taking the process a seriously as a pilot would in a light aircraft..

I have a list of people who I could trust my life with when I'm in cars. It's very short and includes mostly truck drivers and competitive four wheel driving mates.

Oh and Juha Kankkunen is awesome!!
Logger
"'On time everytime'"

Postby Malcy on Mon 31/Jul/06 2:36pm

Juha Kankkunen, so THATS how you spell his name!! lol

The Stig gets a vote too!!

Two mates I trust, Pete and Craig. Pete grew up in a gravel road accesssed farm, legend with his skills. Craig, been track racing for donkeys, also did rally.

And me. Cos I am the best driver on the road, just like 95% of the other drivers in NZ.
Malcy

Postby Logger on Mon 31/Jul/06 2:41pm

I'm sure you're the best driver on the road, I am too, and so is every other idiot out there.
Logger
"'On time everytime'"

Postby Malcy on Mon 31/Jul/06 2:43pm

Exactly my point! lol

Saw some good stuff last night. Driving back into wgtn, at McKays crossing, two lanes merge to one. Merge like a zip, right?

Not the dumb arse behind us, oh no. He got to be close enough to almost touch us, so he could block out the next car to merge. Clever eh?

And you know what? It's not the young that seem to drive with the worst attitudes if you ask me. It's the middle aged to 60 somethings that don't like young folk cutting them off and taking their road from them.

ah well... we smiled and kept driving.

Nice
Malcy

Postby Logger on Mon 31/Jul/06 2:49pm

Malcy wrote: Exactly my point! lol

Saw some good stuff last night. Driving back into wgtn, at McKays crossing, two lanes merge to one. Merge like a zip, right?

Not the dumb arse behind us, oh no. He got to be close enough to almost touch us, so he could block out the next car to merge. Clever eh?

And you know what? It's not the young that seem to drive with the worst attitudes if you ask me. It's the middle aged to 60 somethings that don't like young folk cutting them off and taking their road from them.

ah well... we smiled and kept driving.

Nice

In Whakatane there was no such thing as multi laned roundabouts, until a few weeks ago when a series of complex roundabouts were put in for the new bunnings warehouse and mall. There was a small section inthe paper teaching the locals how to use them!! Bloody classic!!

When I was last home Dad and I were going to Kinleith in the logger and some idiot with an Alfa (no offence to any one with an Alfa) decided to overtake us with only 50 metres of clear road in front of him, we just held on and hoped like hell that he didn't go underneath us. Not to keen to be inthat situation ever again.
Logger
"'On time everytime'"

Postby jimbo55 on Wed 2/Aug/06 7:18pm

Petter Solberg :thumbsup:
jimbo55
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby beatzmaker on Fri 4/Aug/06 9:16pm

KeeweeLogger wrote:
When I was last home Dad and I were going to Kinleith in the logger and some idiot with an Alfa (no offence to any one with an Alfa) decided to overtake us with only 50 metres of clear road in front of him, we just held on and hoped like hell that he didn't go underneath us. Not to keen to be inthat situation ever again.

Probably an Aucklander...
beatzmaker
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Steve-O on Tue 8/Aug/06 12:29am

jimbo55 wrote: Petter Solberg :thumbsup:

AGREED! the WRC drivers have the most amazing car control of any disciplines of motorsport. Circuit driving can be taught, tight line through corner to wide exit, braking points established..... although WRC drivers car control on gravel is something that cannot be taught, its pure skill, you either have it or u dont.
Steve-O
"Only the Finns go truly sideways..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby XTC1 on Tue 8/Aug/06 9:59am

Steve-O wrote:
jimbo55 wrote: Petter Solberg :thumbsup:

AGREED! the WRC drivers have the most amazing car control of any disciplines of motorsport. Circuit driving can be taught, tight line through corner to wide exit, braking points established..... although WRC drivers car control on gravel is something that cannot be taught, its pure skill, you either have it or u dont.

Thats is true but id like to see someone "teach" another on how the likes of Sumacher and Senna think, being an excellent driver is not down to straight speed, you have to be able to think and race smart. Those 2 drivers have sooo many races when they werent in the fastest car but they won because they are bothe very smart drivers. That type of instinct cannot be tought.
XTC1
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Malcy on Tue 8/Aug/06 10:52am

Charlize Theron (if you believe what you see during the behind the scense for the Italian Job)

:D

Hottest of all the drivers mentioned so far atleast!

ps, what XTC1 said.
Malcy

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts