Alain Prost
No votes
Niki Lauda
2%
Bruce McLaren
22%

Total voters : 54

Postby XTC1 on Thu 20/Jul/06 5:21pm

Guys i'm amazed to see bruce mclaren so highly voted for. He was never that great of a driver, he won the odd GP but nothing special.

What he should be remembered for is being a motorsport visionary...not really a driver. out of the three kiwis in F1 (Mclaren, Hulme , Amon) i would say that Chris Amon was the mosy gifted driver of the lot, yea Denny did win the World Championship but Chris was incredibly unlucky not to win that championship that year (the title race was between Denny and Chris)

people like Gille Villeneuve though i thought wud have more votes. he was an awsome driver that didnt get the chance to show what he was really capable of, becoming the world champion he deserved to be.

Also Tom Kristiansen....6 time Le Man 24hour winner!!! and the same goes with Jackie Ickx.

but i am happy to see Ayrton Senna with plenty of votes..my opinion the greastest ever.

And one of you suggested Nigel Mansel???? WHAT THE HELL! the only reason he won was because like another person said, Williams had an amazing car that year that probibly any driver would have won in. As soon as some one else had a car that could match it, he started loosing.
XTC1
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Loki on Fri 21/Jul/06 11:55pm

OK so Fernando Alonso is the man
Loki
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby XTC1 on Fri 21/Jul/06 11:57pm

Loki wrote: OK so Fernando Alonso is the man

dude...not cool
XTC1

Postby Percy Pig on Sat 22/Jul/06 12:35am

Loki wrote: OK so Fernando Alonso is the man

No you fool.

I am.
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby hedz on Sat 22/Jul/06 1:12am

What about...Greatest Ever Biker?
:eh:
hedz
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby XTC1 on Sat 22/Jul/06 10:52am

hedz wrote: What about...Greatest Ever Biker?
:eh:

What motorbikes or mountain??
XTC1

Postby XTC1 on Sat 22/Jul/06 12:08pm

screw u! this thread has a a bit of a motorsport theme so it wasnt such a stupid thing to say u dip shit
XTC1

Postby Steve-O on Sat 22/Jul/06 4:55pm

a bit of a motorsport theme? its all about motorsport!

I agree with the post by XTC1, although he was lightning quick, and in many instances was more of a visionary than a driver, although consider this: he spent a lot of his time on developing and building the cars he was racing, although when he was out racing the amount of time he used for practice and so forth was much less then a lot of the others yet he was blindingly quick.

Amon was a spoiled brat back when he was driving F1, he got an attitude and turned very snobby and thought he was always above Hulme and McLaren, i have been told it was out of jealousy....

just my two cents
Steve-O
"Only the Finns go truly sideways..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby XTC1 on Sat 22/Jul/06 6:54pm

Steve-O wrote:
Amon was a spoiled brat back when he was driving F1, he got an attitude and turned very snobby and thought he was always above Hulme and McLaren, i have been told it was out of jealousy....

just my two cents

Fair comment. But wouldnt you spoil yourself if you were the Ferrari #1??

I still think he was the most gifted driver out of the three.
XTC1

Postby Steve-O on Sat 22/Jul/06 7:46pm

Sorry should have reworded it, what I meant was that he acted out of character as a New Zealander - Josh Coppins, Possum Bourne, Scott Dixon, all have done well in what they do although they never loose their down to earth nature, very friendly and great ambasadors for the sports they do. Chris Amon had it go to his head BIG BIG time while McLaren and Hulme maintained their down to earth nature.
Steve-O
"Only the Finns go truly sideways..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby NightKid on Sat 22/Jul/06 9:50pm

I reckon Winston Peters would be a tiger behind the wheel...

And in the sack too!!1
NightKid
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby hedz on Sat 22/Jul/06 10:27pm

XTC1 wrote: screw u! this thread has a a bit of a motorsport theme so it wasnt such a stupid thing to say u dip shit

Haha chill dude.
hedz

Postby WelshStoat on Sat 22/Jul/06 10:31pm

On Behalf of all Mothers with Pushchairs, Cyclists, Pedestrians and Badgers..... Everywhere...

I'd like to vote for "Every Driver who's never caused an accident, or driven without due care & attention."
WelshStoat
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby hedz on Sat 22/Jul/06 10:36pm

WelshStoat wrote: On Behalf of all Mothers with Pushchairs, Cyclists, Pedestrians and Badgers..... Everywhere...

I'd like to vote for "Every Driver who's never caused an accident, or driven without due care & attention."

:)
hedz

Postby XCrider on Sat 22/Jul/06 10:40pm

hedz wrote:
WelshStoat wrote: On Behalf of all Mothers with Pushchairs, Cyclists, Pedestrians and Badgers..... Everywhere...

:)
Word :cool:
XCrider
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts