Re: Goodbye Wonderful Track – Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 7/May/09 9:54am

tank track was still there last time i was up there...

and is Red Rocks reinstated? have they diverted the lower end of it. last time i was up there the bottom end was being logged.

and i miss Yankee Zephyr and Swamp Track too... but. at their demise Bigfoot and detox arose. now with bigfoot's demise, something else will come i'm sure...

and after logging and replanting, surely whats left of the trail could, with a little tickling/chainsawing, be reinstated and we get a whole 30-40 years of riding in the open (thru to-) forest as it grows... i'd love to see that happen to Yankee Zephyr area... tho, their logging leaves massive messes on the ground.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Thu 7/May/09 9:01pm

In this day and age they should be able to get the trees out without damaging the track...... or perhaps someone could go and place an endangerd snail or rare moss on the track that would stop them logging for years - or maybe burry a bone so it can be claimed as an acient maori burrial site.
RHR_Rob
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby rockyroad on Fri 8/May/09 10:26am

Yep tank track is still in action - think I heard that it got a reprieve after being destignated to be logged?

Where is deliverance?

Hey Tink I rode BF on sat I totally get you re the Slippery When Wet ( ;) ) mood change.
rockyroad
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 8/May/09 10:54am

isnt Deliverance the one off the top of the back of Conical Hill?

or is that Addiction ? or is Addiction the one down the front of mt Isobel from way way way up off the top of Jollies Pass Rd?
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby rockyroad on Fri 8/May/09 4:22pm

Oh I know where Deliverance is - on my map it's kind of looks as if it's Eagles Nest leading to C-line - gets your rocks in - kind of fun in the middle...! :blink: ! makes up for the lost red Rocks section - though I haven't had the oportunity to sample the new Red Rocks finish.

Think the Jollies pass one that you mention is Threashold - will get your heart rate up and kind of has wee "sketchy", to quote Krank guru, bits. So Addiction??? Hmm

Anyway heaps of fun whatever they're called. :)

Just noticed my new word that I made up earlier "destignated" kind of like it.
rockyroad
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Hanmer Springs | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | Mountain Biking Love Story | New Zealand | North Canterbury | Regions | Vogs - Latest Posts