Re: Good Tubeless Trail Tyre

Postby mark2c on Wed 10/Apr/13 1:57pm

Good point Percy, the could be awesome. But... has the Maaxis bubble and de-laminate problem (when used with Stans) been sorted with the new tubeless ready tyres?
mark2c
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby mark2c on Wed 10/Apr/13 2:02pm

Yay, the new tyres are compatible with Stans: http://www.pinkbike.com/news/First-Look ... -Show.html
mark2c
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Percy Pig on Wed 10/Apr/13 4:41pm

mark2c wrote:Good point Percy, the could be awesome. But... has the Maaxis bubble and de-laminate problem (when used with Stans) been sorted with the new tubeless ready tyres?

It should have been. :)

I use Joe's ECO sealant, which is awesomesauce, and seals those hard to seal tyres better than anything else. :thumbsup:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Trail on Wed 10/Apr/13 5:03pm

Percy Pig wrote:
mark2c wrote:Good point Percy, the could be awesome. But... has the Maaxis bubble and de-laminate problem (when used with Stans) been sorted with the new tubeless ready tyres?

I use Joe's ECO sealant, which is awesomesauce, and seals those hard to seal tyres better than anything else. :thumbsup:
gawd... anyone would think you were selling the stuff ;)
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Slow_XC on Wed 10/Apr/13 5:17pm

I have been running same Ikons with stans for a while and I havnt had any problems, but I dont know how commom this problem was
Slow_XC
Member for: 6 years 1 month

Postby wachtourak on Wed 10/Apr/13 6:06pm

I have never had any sort of degredation of Maxxis tyres or any other tyres I have used and I have only ever used Stans sealant? Maxissi have always been all G for me
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Oli on Wed 10/Apr/13 6:31pm

I've seen hundreds of tubelessed Maxxis tyres that have used Stan's jizz and never seen one crap out due to the solution. :eh:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Percy Pig on Wed 10/Apr/13 6:45pm

Trail wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:

gawd... anyone would think you were selling the stuff ;)

:paranoid:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"

Postby SlackBoy on Wed 10/Apr/13 11:56pm

Percy Pig wrote:Maxxis have a bunch of new Tubeless Ready tyres in various flavours out, which should be in stock next week.

Ikons, Highroller2's, Minion DHR2's mostly, in a couple of widths. :)
Are they here yet....

What about now?

Now?

Now?///???

Ardents...

yet....now...??

2.35 2ply Larsens in your next order, and don't give me the excuse they don't have me. Or I'll stamp my foot!!!

Now???
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Colin on Thu 11/Apr/13 12:26am

Still a Continental fanboy.

Mountain Kings mostly. Often a Rubber Queen* on the front. Sometimes RQ both ends.

Love the way their sticky rubber hangs on to roots and rocks (which is where my happy place is).

* previously Hobby Nick was my winter tyre. A bit better that RQ on clay / mud, but don't hang on to wet roots so well. It's all about the moist roots.
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Trail on Thu 11/Apr/13 8:49am

Colin wrote:Still a Continental fanboy.

Mountain Kings mostly. Often a Rubber Queen* on the front. Sometimes RQ both ends.

Love the way their sticky rubber hangs on to roots and rocks (which is where my happy place is).

* previously Hobby Nick was my winter tyre. A bit better that RQ on clay / mud, but don't hang on to wet roots so well. It's all about the moist roots.

I was a conti fanboi until I got the latest 2.4 Conti Trail King. What a fookin piece of shit! I got the all bells and whistles protection model with black chilli... and it sure as shit aint the same black chilli the RQs had. I just about laid the bike down so many times in corners because the tyres just dont grip... and whats more after about 10 rides I was missing about 5% of the knobs... Some had been completely peeled off the tyre while others were just missing half knobs. They make wet roots feel like you are riding on ice!

I dunno who changed their compound or if I got a bad batch or something... but I aint spending any more money on Contis!!

Colin you should try the Minion DHF 3C exo as a winter tyre. Sticky rubber but single ply. Good volume etc. Sets up tubeless fine.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Percy Pig on Thu 11/Apr/13 9:19am

SlackBoy wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:Maxxis have a bunch of new Tubeless Ready tyres in various flavours out, which should be in stock next week.

Ikons, Highroller2's, Minion DHR2's mostly, in a couple of widths. :)
Are they here yet....

What about now?

Now?

Now?///???

Ardents...

yet....now...??

2.35 2ply Larsens in your next order, and don't give me the excuse they don't have me. Or I'll stamp my foot!!!

Now???

Next week au!! :thumbsup:

Still next week.

Yep, next week still!

Ahh, about the 17th, which is next week. Still.

Aye laddie, in 8 different flavours even, including a new flavour!! :exclaim:

Not quite yet, middle of next week!! :o

Yes. :)

No.
:baaa:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"

Postby Colin on Thu 11/Apr/13 10:43am

Trail wrote:
Colin wrote:Still a Continental fanboy.

I was a conti fanboi until I got the latest 2.4 Conti Trail King. What a fookin piece of shit! I got the all bells and whistles protection model with black chilli... and it sure as shit aint the same black chilli the RQs had. I just about laid the bike down so many times in corners because the tyres just dont grip... and whats more after about 10 rides I was missing about 5% of the knobs... Some had been completely peeled off the tyre while others were just missing half knobs. They make wet roots feel like you are riding on ice!

I dunno who changed their compound or if I got a bad batch or something... but I aint spending any more money on Contis!!

Colin you should try the Minion DHF 3C exo as a winter tyre. Sticky rubber but single ply. Good volume etc. Sets up tubeless fine.

I've not got on with Maxxis tyres in the (distant) past. And still have one each brand new Mountain King and Rubber Queen tyres siting at home.

So it will be a while before I'm needing to buy anything. Hearing good stuff about exo though.
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Trail Riding - Latest Posts