Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 11/Dec/09 12:33pm

Also, you can donate to the campaign here:

http://www.nogod.org.nz/
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Re: God Probably Does Not Exist

Postby psychavoc on Fri 11/Dec/09 1:00pm

Damnit! The ballot paper was confusing! :lol: I meant to vote "yes" for "God probably does not exist", not "yes" for "does God exist?" :huh:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby cauld on Fri 11/Dec/09 1:16pm

I would have like a 'Probably doesn't exist' i.e. level 6 on the Dawkins Scale
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_of_theistic_probability

I tend to sit in that camp, mainly for intellectual honesty. The vast preponderance of evidence about how the world is leads one to conclude it is all but certain that there is no god.

I also no longer believe in the tooth fairy, santa claus (bless him), the invisible pink unicorn and I am also a level 6 on the Spectrum of Teapotistic Probability.

All that said... I am touched by his noodley appendage almost daily.... Ramen!
cauld
"God Botherer Botherer"
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby mfw on Fri 11/Dec/09 1:22pm

From an engineering perspective it seems that God does not exist :paranoid:

From the same perspective aliens must exist in outer-space, after all who built the pyramids :alien:
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby Rik on Fri 11/Dec/09 1:48pm

psychavoc wrote:Damnit! The ballot paper was confusing! :lol: I meant to vote "yes" for "God probably does not exist", not "yes" for "does God exist?" :huh:

God will know what you meant
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby FSR_Man on Fri 11/Dec/09 2:00pm

many of the op quantum physicists would now say the opposite. if you are intersested on a prodominantly science based proof of god if you will i would recomend you get your hands on a copy of everything is spiritual by Rob Bell. I have alos seen non religious based quantum physics dvds that suggest that there must be a God

I myself do belive in God and am proud to be a christian, but everyone has there on beliefs and worldviews which is cool
FSR_Man
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Postby RussS on Fri 11/Dec/09 2:14pm

Whether or not god exists depends a lot on who you are talking too. It seems that in some quarters he has been replaced by Lord Brian (or whatever he calls himself these days). Myself, I take the view that god is a generic name/figure to explain things that were unexplainable back in our heathen past.

I kind of follow mfw's reasoning - and yes, there IS life out there. After visiting us they have decided it is better to wait until we have had our next cycle of climate changes before settling down and seeing how we progress as a new(ish) life-form in the universe.
RussS
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby pissface on Fri 11/Dec/09 2:16pm

I would call myself an apatheist.

"...not interested in accepting or denying any claims that gods exist or do not exist... "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apatheism
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 11/Dec/09 2:26pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Your thoughts callers. :)

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3149823 ... s-near-you

My thoughts = this is Athiests being total wankers. What a waste of donated money, doing nothing other than trying to provoke a grumpy reaction from the Church. Athiesm is just another religion these days, just that rather than having faith in the existance of a higher power they've got faith in the lack of a higher power.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby muddydave on Fri 11/Dec/09 3:16pm

my wife calls me god every night when shes about to climax.....OH GOD....OH GOD, so she must believe in him i guess. :D :D :love:
muddydave
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 11/Dec/09 3:16pm

FSR_Man wrote:many of the op quantum physicists would now say the opposite. if you are intersested on a prodominantly science based proof of god if you will i would recomend you get your hands on a copy of everything is spiritual by Rob Bell. I have alos seen non religious based quantum physics dvds that suggest that there must be a God

:baaa:
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 11/Dec/09 3:17pm

happybaboon wrote: Athiesm is just another religion these days, just that rather than having faith in the existance of a higher power they've got faith in the lack of a higher power.

:baaa: :baaa:
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby nzmatto on Fri 11/Dec/09 3:27pm

I am surprised at their lack of commitment.

God probably doesn't exist....nah, that is pathetic. Stand up for what you believe in, or don't believe in, as the case may be.

Either say "God does exist," or "God does not exist." Sitting on the fence is like being a half shat shit, neither in nor out, not ready to flush, not held inside, just an annoying waste in the process of being dumped.

Personally I am of the persuasion of existence, but you all know that. I don't hold anything against those who chose the other, but anyone who says probably, possibly, maybe, or otherwise is just a useless tosser. Actually even in the Bible there is a special mention of those people.....says something about spewing them out of his mouth.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 11/Dec/09 3:33pm

nzmatto wrote:I am surprised at their lack of commitment.

God probably doesn't exist....nah, that is pathetic. Stand up for what you believe in, or don't believe in, as the case may be.

The "probably" is used because they are being reasonable, and perceive absolutist statements to be dogmatic, which they often are. But actually I'm with you, I see no need for the weasel words, it's abundantly clear that God does not exist.
E Dogg Capizzle

National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts