Does God exist?

Yes
22%
No
78%

Total voters : 121

Re: God Probably Does Not Exist

Postby slidecontrol on Fri 22/Jan/10 9:21am

proof that god is real and most likely male ( or a lesbian with great taste )
Tilt2k7kellybrook121680dd5_158.jpgTilt2k7kellybrook121680dd5_158_thumb_1680x0.jpg
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby thorg on Fri 22/Jan/10 9:23am

bigJIMMY wrote:i had a yarn to a JW most of yesterday morning. Wow, talk about true believers! it is insane what they believe as factual. they have an answer for almost every non believers argument.
Try a random tangents. When they asked me if I knew why all the wars and terror and earthquakes and such were becomming more common, I replied "yes" (this stunned them a little), then they said why? I replied "I'm pretty sure its wachy, he's in league with the Devil". the conversation only got more random from there. They probably only remained on the door step for 2 mins max, and didnt even offer me a booklet before they left.

this was a few years back now, so my memory is a little fuzzy, but I def blamed world destruction on Wachy being a satanist :)
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Fri 22/Jan/10 9:31am

I knew it was all Wachy's fault! :angry:
I'm sure capizzle was part of the conspiracy too :hmmm:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby northernmonkey on Fri 22/Jan/10 10:24am

slidecontrol wrote:proof that god is real and most likely male ( or a lesbian with great taste )

I disagree, this is proof there is no god or those would be the steps outside my house.
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby slidecontrol on Fri 22/Jan/10 10:26am

northernmonkey wrote:
slidecontrol wrote:proof that god is real and most likely male ( or a lesbian with great taste )

I disagree, this is proof there is no god or those would be the steps outside my house.

that what you get for being an atheist :p
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby philstar on Fri 22/Jan/10 2:30pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:I'm going door-knocking on Sunday morning with a copy of On the Origin of Species. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Safra ... isode_Five
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby wachtourak on Fri 22/Jan/10 4:14pm

thorg wrote:
bigJIMMY wrote:i had a yarn to a JW most of yesterday morning. Wow, talk about true believers! it is insane what they believe as factual. they have an answer for almost every non believers argument.
Try a random tangents. When they asked me if I knew why all the wars and terror and earthquakes and such were becomming more common, I replied "yes" (this stunned them a little), then they said why? I replied "I'm pretty sure its wachy, he's in league with the Devil". the conversation only got more random from there. They probably only remained on the door step for 2 mins max, and didnt even offer me a booklet before they left.

this was a few years back now, so my memory is a little fuzzy, but I def blamed world destruction on Wachy being a satanist :)

I take offense to this, satanists are just as retarded as christians lol
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 22/Jan/10 6:02pm

FAITH.
faith a faith a faith.jpg
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby wuffy on Fri 22/Jan/10 6:27pm

Proof of evolution, I therefore reject the "creation".
11258_1284224274358_1492675480_30803579_1472488_n.jpg
wuffy
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Postby northernmonkey on Fri 22/Jan/10 6:30pm

Slightly off topic butWillie Apiata in Henry Dorset Cases avatar looks like Brian Blessed - The hawkman from flashgordon - maybe he's god. :crazy:
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby the-right-to-evolve on Fri 22/Jan/10 6:41pm

people like to believe in god to give them a sense of security when they die that they carry on "being". parents use hell to get kids to behave, the church tells people money is the root of all evil yet they always expect some from you when they pass round the collection plate. there is no scientific proof that god exists. people say that its a spiritual thing but i believe when your dead your dead that's it and no matter how scared you are of death it happens to everyone, yet despite how long we've been on earth its one thing we cannot accept. i find it offensive when people can't praise others for their achievements and say things like "god must like you" or "god was on your side today". the miracle of life is not due to some giant bloke pulling on everyone's strings in order for things to happen. things happen because people make them happen.

i think if god was real he would do more to prove his existence like shoot me down in flames whilst i sit here writing this or maybe send us a few more jebus's every now and then...

just face it he doesn't exist....our race will never advance into anything more than we are now if we dont accept this.

rant over... :)
the-right-to-evolve
"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in, great for solving problems after it creates them."
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 22/Jan/10 6:57pm

the-right-to-evolve wrote:people like to believe in god to give them a sense of security when they die that they carry on "being". parents use hell to get kids to behave, the church tells people money is the root of all evil yet they always expect some from you when they pass round the collection plate. there is no scientific proof that god exists. people say that its a spiritual thing but i believe when your dead your dead that's it and no matter how scared you are of death it happens to everyone, yet despite how long we've been on earth its one thing we cannot accept. i find it offensive when people can't praise others for their achievements and say things like "god must like you" or "god was on your side today". the miracle of life is not due to some giant bloke pulling on everyone's strings in order for things to happen. things happen because people make them happen.

i think if god was real he would do more to prove his existence like shoot me down in flames whilst i sit here writing this or maybe send us a few more jebus's every now and then...

just face it he doesn't exist....our race will never advance into anything more than we are now if we dont accept this.

rant over... :)

:thumbsup:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Jesus-Scotland on Fri 22/Jan/10 7:25pm

Do you remember what it was like before you were born? I suspect that will be what its like when you die.

There is no good argument for the existance of god - most arguments seem centered around why you should believe, on a personal level. I could be wrong tho, if you have a good argument i'd like to hear it.

Hypathetically - If The bible god was real and would send what i would describe as "good people*" to hell simply for not believing in him, then I wouldn't want anything to do with him - he would be what i'd define as an asshole. And assholes like that can Fck off as far as I'm concerned.

*people who try not to harm others, help out the needy, feed the hungry, build great trails for others to enjoy... etc.

PS spelling isnt something i believe to be important - as long as the meaning is not lost or altered.
Jesus-Scotland
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby bugle on Fri 22/Jan/10 8:08pm

lol @ wuffy
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby thorg on Sat 23/Jan/10 11:11am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
BR rocks. that is all.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts