Postby Lamedoggo on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:17am

Bigfoot wrote: Its people like you on the awards panel that need to be changed - get with the times! :lol:

Point taken.

:(
Lamedoggo
"Like Elmo but without the fluff."
Member for: 17 years 10 months

RE: My God Lord Of The Rings Is A Load Of Shit

Postby fox on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:18am

pissface wrote: finally seeing the movies now they are on TV.... if I had paid my money to see this shit at the cinema I would be well pissed off.

Wooden 2-dimensional melodrama with ugly masks.

I think you just dont like the whole fantasy thing pf. Personally I really liked the movies. As did most of the world seeing as 2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) grossed second highest all time in the us box office only second to titanic.

and to me I personally hate titanic.
fox
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:27am

Yep, LOTR is pretty damn average.
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 17 years 5 months

RE: Re: My God Lord Of The Rings Is A Load Of Shit

Postby pissface on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:42am

fox wrote: I think you just dont like the whole fantasy thing pf. Personally I really liked the movies. As did most of the world seeing as 2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) grossed second highest all time in the us box office only second to titanic.

number 1: so what if "most of the world" liked it. most of the world seem to also like mcdonalds and kfc.
number 2:(baboon) this isnt tall poppy syndrome. I'm not saying "Peter Jackson is an arse" or anything similar, and it's not about slamming somone for "doing good" : I've said that I don't see what all the fuss is about. Specifically, for a start, I found incredibly tedious the attempts to infuse every scene with melodramatic pseudo-emotion via the hackneyed repetitive use of surging string music around "meaningful" lengthy gazes, combined with wooden dialogue utilising either macho formulas invoking some sort of manly code of honour or stilted allusions to unsaid emotional connections which are impliedly running deep to the core and yet somehow are inexpressible. PUKE!!
number 3: (HDC) actually I said "ugly masks" not "bad masks".

number 4: so you read the books when you were a kid and now you're delighted they've been done on screen? I guess it really is aimed at the entertainment tastes of children then.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 18 years 10 months

RE: Re: Re: My God Lord Of The Rings Is A Load Of Shit

Postby pissface on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:45am

pissface wrote:
fox wrote: I think you just dont like the whole fantasy thing pf. .
I guess so.
pissface
"Boneshaker"

Postby fox on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:46am

pissface wrote:
fox wrote: I think you just dont like the whole fantasy thing pf. Personally I really liked the movies. As did most of the world seeing as 2. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) grossed second highest all time in the us box office only second to titanic.

number 1: so what if "most of the world" liked it. most of the world seem to also like mcdonalds and kfc.
number 2:(baboon) this isnt tall poppy syndrome. I'm not saying "Peter Jackson is an arse" or anything similar, and it's not about slamming somone for "doing good" : I've said that I don't see what all the fuss is about. Specifically, for a start, I found incredibly tedious the attempts to infuse every scene with melodramatic pseudo-emotion via the hackneyed repetitive use of surging string music around "meaningful" lengthy gazes, combined with wooden dialogue utilising either macho formulas invoking some sort of manly code of honour or stilted allusions to unsaid emotional connections which are impliedly running deep to the core and yet somehow are inexpressible. PUKE!!
number 3: (HDC) actually I said "ugly masks" not "bad masks".

number 4: so you read the books when you were a kid and now you're delighted they've been done on screen? I guess it really is aimed at the entertainment tastes of children then.
My point of saying that is to proove to you that most people wouldnt value your view point thaat much. Just like a ton of people dont value my view point that kfc is arse covered arse with arse filling
fox
Member for: 16 years 7 months

RE: Re: Re: Re: My God Lord Of The Rings Is A Load Of Shit

Postby Natral on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:49am

pissface wrote:
I guess so.

*Cough*
Natral
Member for: 19 years 0 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:50am

fox wrote: kfc is arse covered arse with arse filling

Would you like some arse with that?
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 17 years 5 months

RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: My God Lord Of The Rings Is A Load Of Sh

Postby pissface on Wed 3/Jan/07 9:53am

Natral wrote:
pissface wrote:
I guess so.

*Cough*
oh. ok. I like my fantasy to be embodied in living flesh, with a healthy dose of leather and sequins. ok?
pissface
"Boneshaker"

Postby VERT on Wed 3/Jan/07 10:27am

I liked the films, but then I was also a fan of the books.

Also in saying that I could only see the films once and on a big screen (which I did) with kick arse sounds as that was the type of films they were. I would imagine they would suck to watch on the Telly
VERT
Member for: 19 years 0 months

Postby Monolith on Wed 3/Jan/07 10:34am

fox wrote:Just like a ton of people dont value my view point that kfc is arse covered arse with arse filling

no, no....

that's pretty much everyone's view on KFuC :hmmm:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Kazmeistyr on Wed 3/Jan/07 12:45pm

I really enjoyed the books. Read them all by the time I was 8 or so. Read them again since. Enjoyed the movies muchly, but have found that each time I see one again it appears worse. Some of the acting is pretty lame.

I enjoy Terry Pratchett these days, far more entertaining, far less cerebral. They should do some movies of the discworld series, although would be probably be pretty hard to translate the humour.

Sausage in a bun anyone?
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby Rachie on Wed 3/Jan/07 4:51pm

I've yet to see the movie's, or read the books.

:paranoid:
Last edited by Rachie on Wed 3/Jan/07 4:55pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachie
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby Stun on Wed 3/Jan/07 4:53pm

Kazmeistyr wrote:I enjoy Terry Pratchett these days, far more entertaining, far less cerebral. They should do some movies of the discworld series, although would be probably be pretty hard to translate the humour.

Sausage in a bun anyone?

The Discworld PS1 game was actually quite entertaining...
Dunno if I'd want to watch a movie though. :huh:
Stun
Member for: 18 years 11 months

Postby thorg on Wed 3/Jan/07 4:56pm

they did not translate to the TV at all. Directors cut on big screen or nothing.

otherwise, read the books
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Movies | Sifting - Latest Posts