Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 14/Oct/08 6:53am

Yeah i have one its running a bit rough at the moment need to clean the carbi out i think, have used a skilll saw blade on it thats pretty good but its a bit blunt now, have been using a 4 prong attack blade which kicks some ass, what you wanna cut wayne
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 14/Oct/08 8:23pm

Slasher is ready to go wayne just give us a heads up and you can pick up if keen
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Glenbervie Track Building,

Postby trailtroll on Thu 16/Oct/08 4:02pm

Started a new trail, approx half way up Main Rd, it will follow Main down with a loop or two and then exiting opposite the new Shorty entrance, with it also going down to exit at the steel gate.
Feel free to go in and do some clearing.
100_0799.JPG
trailtroll
""i woke up this morning and all of my stuff was stolen and replaced with exact duplicates.""
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Slasher

Postby trailtroll on Thu 16/Oct/08 4:08pm

just weeds and the odd piece of gorse.
Would it be wise of me to purchase a scrub blade, I should ask what size machine it is?
With a scrub-bar I should be able to cut at least 100-300 mtrs of track a day.
trailtroll
""i woke up this morning and all of my stuff was stolen and replaced with exact duplicates.""

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 16/Oct/08 6:32pm

nah this will be sweet bro its a back pack one holds bout 1.5 L in the tank, the weeds might take a bit if the blades blunt but it will be fine with a sharpen..
Give me a call 4597921 or pop around 20 Silvertsream Rd First Rd past hospital on left if you wanna check it out.
But it will be what you want......
The_Quinsta

Postby trailtroll on Sat 18/Oct/08 1:31pm

Great scrub bar, I managed to clear a good 60-80 meters, though the weight of the machine wears me out.
Will carry on tomorrow.
trailtroll

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 18/Oct/08 2:42pm

hahaha What doesn't kill you make you stronger , thats why i push my DH bike up hills......hahaha.

So it did the job then so far huh? Good one
The_Quinsta

Postby trailtroll on Sat 18/Oct/08 9:27pm

yep, just slices through the fern and small brush.
Such a labour saving device, must get one.
trailtroll

Postby trailtroll on Sat 18/Oct/08 9:28pm

is there work on parahaki tomorrow?
trailtroll

Postby The_Quinsta on Sat 18/Oct/08 10:26pm

Yeah working on R2 at 8 in the morning, (the old XC up trail i think it was) right next to Ressurection. Meet at bottom carpark
The_Quinsta

Postby trailtroll on Sun 19/Oct/08 4:27pm

Finished with scrub bar, will drop off during the week,
Cheers for that
Wayne
trailtroll

Postby trailtroll on Wed 22/Oct/08 5:37pm

The new trail, wain'd-on is now open for your riding pleasure, just make the right decision at the end, between easy or difficult.
Also caterpillar (off the end of far-t-2ezy) will be operational by Thursday night.
Happy riding.
trailtroll

Postby trailtroll on Thu 23/Oct/08 7:31pm

Caterpillar is open now, be the first, or third, or what ever, just go and ride, and give me feed back.
I will be riding it tomorrow morning but I see that someone has tried to ride when it was half complete.
trailtroll

Postby trailtroll on Fri 24/Oct/08 7:17pm

I have ridden caterpillar, and it turned out to be quite difficult, I need to go in and tweak it.
trailtroll

Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 11/Nov/08 8:25pm

How's the new job going there Wayne?? must be working hard hav't seen you here for a while, still waiting on those barrels hope fully have them next couple of weeks !!
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts