Giant Sale?

Postby poddster on Thu 19/Feb/15 1:39am

Hi - does anyone know if Giant have an annual sale, and if so when that might be and what sort of discounts might be available? It appears that Giant bike pricing in NZ is consistent everywhere, suggesting that Giant controls pricing pretty tightly. I'm about to get back into riding so I'm not sure what the seasonal sales might look like. Any guidance appreciated!
poddster
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Re: Giant Sale?

Postby znomit on Thu 19/Feb/15 8:52am

znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby umog on Thu 19/Feb/15 10:06am

Was looking for a new steed Nov/Dec last year. Found a few discounted 2013 Giants online, seemed to be about 25-30% discount.

http://www.bikeexchange.co.nz/s/bikes/g ... rt-by=sale
umog
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Postby RugbySucks on Thu 19/Feb/15 11:48am

Someone I know, went to buy a new Giant xtc Carbon 29er, and was told none available for 3-4 months. So, they went and bought one from Trademe, with a mint frame, good XT / SLX spec, and just under half the "basic spec" price.

Best time to buy, is when the shops have to pay for all of the coming year's stock, and they are more inclined to give great discounts for cash.
RugbySucks
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby poddster on Thu 19/Feb/15 12:12pm

RugbySucks wrote:Someone I know, went to buy a new Giant xtc Carbon 29er, and was told none available for 3-4 months. So, they went and bought one from Trademe, with a mint frame, good XT / SLX spec, and just under half the "basic spec" price.

Best time to buy, is when the shops have to pay for all of the coming year's stock, and they are more inclined to give great discounts for cash.

Sounds logical - do you know when that might be? Sorry I'm not sure when the 2016 new season starts and new bikes will be out to tempt me...
poddster

Postby Yogi on Thu 19/Feb/15 1:25pm

You're out of luck until the end of the year.

Best bet, have a look on line at the different Giant shops around NZ to see what old stock they still have (or call/email them if you kind of know what you're after). Also go through http://www.bikeexchange.co.nz/s/bikes/giant?sort-by=sale as recommended by umog. Burkes in Wellington still have a 2014 Trance 1 in XL, Rotorua Cycle Centre have a 2014 Trance SX in S, there'll be others lurking out there.
Yogi
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby poddster on Thu 19/Feb/15 2:24pm

OK thanks. I thought I had seen that maybe mid-year might have come with new bikes (and old bike deals) due to it being summer in the US then, but maybe not. I'm after an Anthem 27.5 1.
poddster

Postby Yogi on Thu 19/Feb/15 3:35pm

Quick google brought up these guys:

$2999 http://www.hubcycles.co.nz/index.php/products/product/view/15/403. Not sure what size and if they're happy send to you but worth checking. Pretty good price.
Yogi
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby poddster on Sun 22/Feb/15 7:32am

Pushbikes in Chch have a sale on now with some good prices, but of course can't ship a Giant... Will keep looking! Thanks
poddster

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 22/Feb/15 9:23am

poddster wrote:Pushbikes in Chch have a sale on now with some good prices, but of course can't ship a Giant... Will keep looking! Thanks

Why not try and negotiate with your local Giant dealer? see if they will match or come close to the Push Bikes price?

Or price up some grab a seat type cheap flights to CHC, and make a weekend of it, buy a bike do some riding??
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Bikes + Frames + Forks | Complete Bikes | Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts