Re: Garmin Edge 500 Question

Postby Scotty on Wed 11/Dec/13 8:32pm

znomit wrote:Lol @ colour coordinated Garmins.

These people need to get to the black cable thread STAT!
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby znomit on Wed 11/Dec/13 8:50pm

tcr wrote:I've cracked the LCD screen on my 500. Still works, beeps, uploads to Strava; I just can't read the screen. The outer casing is fine.

Does anyone replace the LCDs?

I hear garmin are quite reasonable about fixing busted stuff.
znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Wed 11/Dec/13 9:04pm

znomit wrote:
tcr wrote:I've cracked the LCD screen on my 500. Still works, beeps, uploads to Strava; I just can't read the screen. The outer casing is fine.

as long as it wasn't purchased offshore, on which case they say rude things about your mother.
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 7 years 1 month

Postby tcr on Wed 11/Dec/13 9:07pm

znomit wrote:

Fingers crossed...
tcr
Member for: 6 years 2 months

Postby Scotty on Wed 11/Dec/13 9:08pm

great uncle bulgaria wrote:
znomit wrote:

as long as it wasn't purchased offshore, on which case they say rude things about your mother.

I found they insinuate that you do rude things with your mother.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby tcr on Wed 11/Dec/13 9:11pm

Scotty wrote:
great uncle bulgaria wrote:
znomit wrote:

I found they insinuate that you do rude things with your mother.

Wiggle is local, right.

I welcome their insinuations.
tcr

Postby ArjanH on Thu 12/Dec/13 6:40am

Nah.

But contact garmin support. They will replace it for $80 (I think that's what it cost me, it was something like that). Be prepared for a lengthy wait though, it took almost 12 weeks in my case. Hence the reason I now have 2 .. got a second one as I missed it too much.
ArjanH
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby tcr on Thu 12/Dec/13 7:37am

ArjanH wrote:

Nah.

But contact garmin support. They will replace it for $80 (I think that's what it cost me, it was something like that). Be prepared for a lengthy wait though, it took almost 12 weeks in my case. Hence the reason I now have 2 .. got a second one as I missed it too much.

Wiggle said the same, that Garmin may offer a discounted crash replacement.

Thanks for the timeframe. 12 weeks is long time without, especially at this time of year. Trying to decide between a 500 and 510...
tcr

Postby znomit on Thu 12/Dec/13 9:45am

Get an etrex 20 or 30 with a bike mount while your 500 is in the shop. Handy on and off the bike.
znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby tcr on Thu 12/Dec/13 11:33am

The Magellan 105 seems like a reasonable, and cheap, option? And my exiting HRM and cadence should sync with it?

http://www.noelleeming.co.nz/shop/commu ... 23318.html
tcr

Postby tcr on Fri 13/Dec/13 7:31am

So I bought the 510 from Burkes, before Cycle Science came back to me with a reasonably cheaper price. Thought Burkes might refund the difference upon my pointing it out, but sadly no.

Then Burkes sends me someone else's order - for a pair of sunglasses. Justin from Snells Beach, you may be getting an Edge 510 for $98.70, congrats!
tcr

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Fri 13/Dec/13 11:12am

tcr wrote:
ArjanH wrote:

Nah.

Wiggle said the same, that Garmin may offer a discounted crash replacement.

Thanks for the timeframe. 12 weeks is long time without, especially at this time of year. Trying to decide between a 500 and 510...

why not try freeing your mind and soul from the electronica (take my advice , I'm not using it) :paranoid:
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 7 years 1 month

Postby Farm on Mon 30/Dec/13 10:37pm

My partners 510 regularly drops the heart rate after 2.50-3 hours. It just flatlines and no amount of fiddling with the strap or trying to re-pair seems to pick it up. Next time out it works fine. Anyone else have a similar problem? And a solution?
I found a thread on a garmin forum where other people were discussing similar problems but no-one had an answer.
Farm
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Tue 31/Dec/13 9:18am

batteries on the way out in the heart rate strap?
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Cycling | Sifting | Technology - Latest Posts