Calendar Event: December 13, 2008

Postby ThingOne on Fri 12/Dec/08 11:12am

way_downsouth wrote:
ThingOne wrote:
way_downsouth wrote: Okay, I am out of it now. I have a list of excuses a mile long, but when it comes down to it, I am just not excited about it, nor want to do it.

Have fun everyone.

Thats a shame, would have picked you for top finisher in C..

There are a few guys in there that would give me a hiding, I am not really keen on pushing myself when I am not feeling it!

You need to watch 300..
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby Gordio on Fri 12/Dec/08 10:44pm

I'm not riding for a few reasons...1: I'm not chasing the NPS, I'm only riding the events I would normally ride, 2: It's too hilly for me to be a serious contender 3: The logistics are difficult from Auckland, I can't be bothered driving the 8 or more hours(and I'd need a day off work to do that), and if I fly I still need to get over the hill to the race.
I rode the Rice Mtn classic a few years ago, and a 16 year old upstart called Haydon something or rather beat me.
I have alot of time for Mr Rice and what he's done for PNP and NZ cycling...I hope the event goes well.
Gordio
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby ThingOne on Sat 13/Dec/08 9:03pm

Results are up..

Tough race as usual..

http://www.pnp.org.nz/downloads/Road_20 ... ultsv1.pdf
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby sifter on Sun 14/Dec/08 9:30am

close finish in B grade. Looks like Serena Sheridan would have finished just behind Jason McCarty in 11th... Grant said you looked pretty comfortable before Limeworks Clive?

I spent most of the race tailing an A grader (in the sag wagon) who punctured on the second Millers climb. He picked off two guys that dropped off (on Kourarou - one at the bottom, and one further up). He was TTing at 45-50km/h for a surprising amount of it... I kind of wanted him to withdraw, so I could go see more of the action... :blush:
sifter
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby ThingOne on Sun 14/Dec/08 10:00am

sifter wrote: close finish in B grade. Looks like Serena Sheridan would have finished just behind Jason McCarty in 11th... Grant said you looked pretty comfortable before Limeworks Clive?

I spent most of the race tailing an A grader (in the sag wagon) who punctured on the second Millers climb. He picked off two guys that dropped off (on Kourarou - one at the bottom, and one further up). He was TTing at 45-50km/h for a surprising amount of it... I kind of wanted him to withdraw, so I could go see more of the action... :blush:

That would have been Connor P I reckon..

I was feeling ok, but my endurance is lacking and couldnt keep up going into the admirals hill climb, should have been better going up that climb.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby DaveAldred on Sun 14/Dec/08 1:29pm

Just peeked at the results. I thought there were more people in it for some reason.

Tones - Revenge on Marco for beating you in Taupo worked out well! Haha!

I was outside in the garden while you were all racing and was thinking how hot and 'over it' you all must have been. Go you good things.
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby psychavoc on Sun 14/Dec/08 5:26pm

ThingOne wrote:
sifter wrote: close finish in B grade. Looks like Serena Sheridan would have finished just behind Jason McCarty in 11th... Grant said you looked pretty comfortable before Limeworks Clive?

A bit mean naming names when you don't know that! Not him as far as I could tell from my marshalling spot. And for the record, I think Connor did quite well in A grade considering how little road racing experience he's had! :thumbsup:

I've put what few pics I managed to snap on my cellphone camera up in the Road album on Vorb =} http://www.vorb.org.nz/photos-album-719.html
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby sifter on Sun 14/Dec/08 6:19pm

It wasn't Connor.
sifter

Postby ThingOne on Sun 14/Dec/08 6:21pm

psychavoc wrote:
ThingOne wrote:

A bit mean naming names when you don't know that! Not him as far as I could tell from my marshalling spot. And for the record, I think Connor did quite well in A grade considering how little road racing experience he's had! :thumbsup:

I've put what few pics I managed to snap on my cellphone camera up in the Road album on Vorb =} http://www.vorb.org.nz/photos-album-719.html

Gee,you feeling grumpy Psych :D .. OK... Connor was in A Grade and he got a puncture and rode a large chunk on his own...
Connor did really well in A Grade considering the level of rides in that grade.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby psychavoc on Sun 14/Dec/08 6:23pm

But he wasn't the one right at the back who John was following in the sag wagon :sly:

Good on him for only being 9 minutes behind with a puncture :thumbsup:
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"

Postby ThingOne on Sun 14/Dec/08 6:25pm

psychavoc wrote: But he wasn't the one right at the back who John was following in the sag wagon :sly:

Was John behind me... He should have tooted would have cheered me up, was feeling a little down..

Wheel wagans are a wonderful thing..
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby sifter on Sun 14/Dec/08 6:29pm

Here are a few photos from yesterday...
dsc01284.jpg
A grade lining up. Alan Rice's dog Walter wearing some PNP kit provided by Ultimo. The Rice Mountain Classic is named after Alan
dsc01287.jpg
B grade on the start line. Clive looking anxiously up the road...
dsc01289.jpg
C grade on the start line. Young Luke arrived in style in his new Skoda!
dsc01293.jpg
I think the wrench in the van got a bit of a telling off for getting this A grader back to the bunch after some front mech problems... (On the second Millers lap)
sifter

Postby ThingOne on Sun 14/Dec/08 6:30pm

I was trying to look Staunch..

Those SIS girls where dammm quick up hills.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"

Postby sifter on Sun 14/Dec/08 6:32pm

ThingOne wrote:
psychavoc wrote: But he wasn't the one right at the back who John was following in the sag wagon :sly:

Was John behind me... He should have tooted would have cheered me up, was feeling a little down..

Wheel wagans are a wonderful thing..

I tailed #24 from near the top of Millers on the second lap to the bottom of Kourarau. There he waved me on, but I was told to wait for him by the commissaires. He caught another guy soon after the bottom of the hill, and I watched the two of them lap it out for a while. I collected a number and timing chip at Limeworks, and then #24 caught the only other rider I saw. He pulled out at the bottom of Admiral's, and I returned the van at that point. I figured no one would be wanting a lift down the hill!
sifter

Postby Conners on Sun 14/Dec/08 6:36pm

sifter wrote:A grade lining up. Alan Rice's dog Walter wearing some PNP kit provided by Ultimo. The Rice Mountain Classic is named after Alan

That's rad :thumbsup:
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"

Cycling | Events | News | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts