Front Hubs Only

Postby SirLightalot on Fri 22/Apr/11 1:22pm

I am building a trailer bike rack, and am planning to use Front hubs with skewers for my set up.
Please let me know if you want to get rid of some old front hubs, I will pay for courier charges, etc.
SirLightalot
"Illuminating the darkness on the road ahead."
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Re: Front Hubs Only

Postby SirLightalot on Sun 24/Apr/11 7:40pm

Yes, I will buy your crap, your throwaway, no good for nothing.....(except building my trailer rack) front, stuffaroooed, hubs. when their life is finished, no more to roll freely, carrying their owner with pride, when all hope is gone, for any further use, when there is nothing left......send me and email, and I shall find a home for these finished items, I shall redeem them for you, I shall put them.......to good use, rest assured, you will feel rewarded for contributing to me, your old hubs.......I will honour them...........
SirLightalot

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 24/Apr/11 7:46pm

thought about talking to your LBS??

I know the shop I used to work in would often replace a number of wheels each week that had been damaged through crashes / accidents generally more economical level bikes where a new front wheel would be fitted, rather than re-laced onto the hub, you might find that the shop has a wheel or 2 that you could cut the hub out of for a small donation to the mechanics smoko fund ;)
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 24/Apr/11 7:47pm

thought about talking to your LBS??

I know the shop I used to work in would often replace a number of wheels each week that had been damaged through crashes / accidents generally more economical level bikes where a new front wheel would be fitted, rather than re-laced onto the hub, you might find that the shop has a wheel or 2 that you could cut the hub out of for a small donation to the mechanics smoko fund ;)
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby SirLightalot on Fri 29/Apr/11 9:45pm

Yes, made myself a nuisance, with guys scrambling through their bins, "yeah, remembered a couple of hubs I threw out the other day.....oops sorry they gone", and others just looking blankly at me, with half lidded eyes.."Nah, don't get much". Anyway, I think i have a solution. I have been to bunnings and got some 20mm ally pipe, with some plumbers pipe, outside diameter fits neatly inside the ally pipe, Now, just have an inner tube, got the wrong size a 10mm, need an 8 or something, and then another sleeve. Then skewers will fit straight inside.
The beauty is the ally is much more stable, rigid, and will be perfect for the hub substitution, and i just clamp the whole thing down onto some wood, with some pipe saddles, perfect 20mm fit, and I will be in buisness, with a very cheap bike rack. I got sick of trying to find cheap wheels on trade me, and the regular pestering trips to the bike shops, this seems to be the best solution, and probably going to be under $30 for 5 bikes, held down onto my new elevated box, with drawers in for the wheels, and spare tubes, tools and camping gear too.
thanks for your helpfull suggestion though, Pushbikerider
SirLightalot

Classifieds | Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts