Postby therm1te on Tue 31/Jul/07 7:43pm

i should be up for a ride this friday, weather permitting, will check back later in the week though. could maybe go from the uni or meet up somewhere around mt vic/town/where ever
therm1te
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby cmdr_keen on Tue 31/Jul/07 8:10pm

sweet yeh Im free between like 12 and 4, Sean will probably come too
cmdr_keen
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby Bazza on Wed 1/Aug/07 9:10am

Sweet, Friday sounds good to me as well, We should meet somewhere with free car parking around as i'll be using the car to bring my bike, stuff riding from where i live, consider i don't have uni at all on the fridays :)
Bazza
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby cmdr_keen on Wed 1/Aug/07 8:53pm

Sweet well I'll be done at uni at like 12ish hopefully, Doubt i'll have d8 running agian by then unless I can find a 9speed chain. Might be able to borrow chain and wheel off stp actually will see.
cmdr_keen

Postby Bazza on Sat 4/Aug/07 11:20am

Sweet, was a good ride yesterday, spes thanks to the dudes that drop us at the top instead of having to push all the way to the top, We might have to have Friday rides more often
Bazza

Postby cmdr_keen on Sat 4/Aug/07 11:35am

Haha yeh man hitching that ride was awesome :D
cmdr_keen

Postby Bazza on Sat 4/Aug/07 11:52am

cmdr_keen wrote: Haha yeh man hitching that ride was awesome :D

and somewhat painful at the same time :0
Bazza

Postby Bazza on Fri 10/Aug/07 10:17pm

Right this Sunday Eugene and I will be hitting up Mt Vic, (need to test and set up me 888 :D ) Everyone is welcome to join us

Will confirm meeting place and time at some stage
Bazza

Postby cmdr_keen on Sat 11/Aug/07 4:31am

Rain or shine. I'll be done at work about 3.15ish then Ill head back to mums at mt vic. Marjorie Banks park seems like a good place to meet
cmdr_keen

Postby Bazza on Sat 11/Aug/07 8:51pm

cmdr_keen wrote: Rain or shine. I'll be done at work about 3.15ish then Ill head back to mums at mt vic. Marjorie Banks park seems like a good place to meet

i just spend all day ripping my bike apart and cleaning every part so i'll only be riding if its fine, besides i don't want to hurt myself before my upcoming test, Which also mean holiday soon, with lots of riding to be done :thumbsup:
Bazza

Postby cmdr_keen on Sat 11/Aug/07 9:33pm

(that was too encourage others :0) Nah you're right if its crap I'll flag, bearing in mind it doesnt take much effort for me to get to mt vic seeing as I live there ;).
Put new tire on it looks mean.
cmdr_keen

Postby Bazza on Sat 11/Aug/07 11:38pm

cmdr_keen wrote: (that was too encourage others :0) Nah you're right if its crap I'll flag, bearing in mind it doesnt take much effort for me to get to mt vic seeing as I live there ;).
Put new tire on it looks mean.

I don't think we'll get much resopnce from here, the VUWMTBC forum is pretty quite and dead,

:lol: i just realized that now i have 888s it would have fitted :blush: oh well never mind i guess, is that 2.35" tyre you had 2 ply? if so you want to swap it for another 2.7" I'm not going to run 2.7" anymore so looking to swap / sell my other one.

man, went for a little ride today with the 888's and they make the front a little bit heavier :0 but it doesn't matter because they are plush as and i have them set up so sweet at the moment. :cool:
Bazza

Postby cmdr_keen on Sat 11/Aug/07 11:43pm

Yeah not even Jesse is responding in this thread, haha yeah I was wondering why you were selling it if you had the 888s lol, I guess you cold have it back if you need it... Those front minions Ive got are only single ply.
Why not run the 2.7 youve got left and a 2.5 or something? If youve got a 2.5 front minion I wouldnt mind that. But 2.7 is tank = good 4 me :D
cmdr_keen

Postby Bazza on Sat 11/Aug/07 11:49pm

cmdr_keen wrote: Yeah not even Jesse is responding in this thread, haha yeah I was wondering why you were selling it if you had the 888s lol, I guess you cold have it back if you need it... Those front minions Ive got are only single ply.
Why not run the 2.7 youve got left and a 2.5 or something? If youve got a 2.5 front minion I wouldnt mind that. But 2.7 is tank = good 4 me :D

nah, you can keep it - just pay me for it. I use to run 2.7 all the time but now I'm keen for the 2.5 front and 2.5 / 2.35 rear. Yeah 2.7 is just too tank for me now. i just like the smaller tryes, spes now that i have the big hit, smaller tryes make it more trail friendly i guess

You have a d8 so everything is tank like for you :0

i'll throw you a text letting you know what i'm doing tomorrow afternoon, weather of not i'm coming out of not
Bazza

Postby cmdr_keen on Sun 12/Aug/07 6:18pm

Ok sweet yeah im getting $20 from the adaptor im selling and a ticket from Jesse in the next day or two.
2.7 would be ok for me doing some trail riding I got stp anyway
cmdr_keen

Clubs | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Victoria University MTB Club | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts