Dh/freeride Trails In Wanaka Or Near Twizel?

Postby eyeball on Sun 3/Jan/10 8:25pm

Ok team im off to Twizel for a holiday boating ski-ing and such and i was wondering if i could get some detail's of dh/fr trails in the Wanaka area, Also i was wondering i know it's a longshot but are there any trail close to twizel maybe? I know there's some dirtjumps in the township but any where even sort of close to Twizel would be mint.

Thanks
eyeball
"Whatcha wana do ya wana go hunt some moose"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Re: Dh/freeride Trails In Wanaka Or Near Twizel?

Postby Jono on Sun 3/Jan/10 9:03pm

there is a bunch of stuff in wanaka - especially at the dirtpark downhill (opposite the cardrona access road), or just over the hill in queenstown. Alexandra has a bunch of options too, but it's been a while since I was there last

As for Twizel, I did a ride up the road to mount cook many years ago...I would suggest hooking up with a local
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby eyeball on Sun 3/Jan/10 9:17pm

Jono wrote:there is a bunch of stuff in wanaka - especially at the dirtpark downhill (opposite the cardrona access road), or just over the hill in queenstown. Alexandra has a bunch of options too, but it's been a while since I was there last

As for Twizel, I did a ride up the road to mount cook many years ago...I would suggest hooking up with a local

Only really wanting to go as far as wanaka dirtpark sound's like a plan though as im staying on the side of lake Benmore.

Anyone know of any local's in the area of twizel they mite be able to help me,
Chur
eyeball

Postby ShoreBoy on Sun 3/Jan/10 9:42pm

Isn't Dirt Park closed??
ShoreBoy
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby eyeball on Sun 3/Jan/10 9:53pm

ShoreBoy wrote:Isn't Dirt Park closed??
The actual fr park with lift yes but i thought there was a seperate dh track running off an access road? correct me if im wrong.
eyeball

Postby ShoreBoy on Mon 4/Jan/10 5:57pm

Not sure mate, the wife and I tried to go to Dirt park in November, and were told that it (and all of Coronet Peak) for that matter is off limits for MTBers until further notice. Boo.
ShoreBoy
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby HuntawayFR on Tue 5/Jan/10 7:16am

dirt park, (the park with lift access) is closed, it was shit anyway

you can still shuttle the OG track anytime, $10 per person per session into the honesty box at the top :thumbsup:
HuntawayFR
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby poledo on Tue 5/Jan/10 11:51am

Pretty sweet pump track in Omarama
poledo
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Cycling | Lower South Island | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Otago | Regions | South Canterbury | Twizel | Wanaka - Latest Posts