Re: Freeride Vs Downhill

Postby gabreu on Mon 1/Mar/10 2:54pm

sherdforlife wrote:if your looking to develop your skills then buy a downhill bike and get on the pin. no point in fing around on a hardtail. your not going to lern how to ride super X by mucking around on an electric scooter. but keep your hardtail for dirt jumping if your into that.

Hey, you're completely right! I know the limitations of the hard tail... And If I can, I'll keep my HT as well...
gabreu
Member for: 7 years 10 months

Postby Get StukD on Fri 12/Mar/10 9:21am

Get a Scott Gambler. You can change the head angle to freeride or downhill.
Get StukD
"Subscribe to our YouTube Channel :D http://www.youtube.com/GetStukd"
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby DaViking on Fri 12/Mar/10 3:49pm

Postby gabreu on Fri 26th Feb 10:23am
I've been hitting different tracks (4X, dirt jumps and some grade 3~4 downhill) with my STP. The downhill is a little tough on a hardtail, but I've managed to enjoy it. What I'm really looking forward is to be able to do bigger jumps and drops (I'm kinda a wuss with big drops!). Then if I upgrade, I still would like to ride similar tracks. I'm definitely moving towards downhill, I'm just not sure if the next step is a fully DH bike :eh:

Gabreu I'd keep the STP!

Sounds like youre more interested in some DH/FR stuff than AM reading this thread.

But having that typ of HT is a good thing and will cover most riding, look for a second hand DH bike, locally or on trademe, just make sure ya can do ya work on checking out what ever ya interested in like pivots, links etc ya cant go too wrong and will get a good bike for well under retail DH bikes don;t hold there price but ya get good value if ya know what to look for.

This way you won;t spend too much if ya don't like it and can decide what type of riding is for you!

Kona's are low cost but bullet proof don;t worry about what some say about tech, sp or multi link its all bs, they ride good and are tough, but Sunday's any thing out there Turners [DHR] second hand are bullet proof bikes, only have to look at keeping the links maintained easy to do! Ya often see 4 -5 yr DHRs rocking and getting top results

Theyre are many options, that's the way I'd go, and keep ya STP so ya can do urban, trail, DJs etc

JMO
DaViking
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby MeanHuckerrr on Fri 12/Mar/10 5:36pm

White-Lightning wrote:
gabreu wrote:
kona.stinky. wrote:if your on a small budget, I can get you a umf freddy triple crown for 1800$ new not ridden from a shop, has 888's on the front, dhx 5 out back,

That sounds too good to be true... What's the catch? ;)

it has UMF written on it...

AMEN.
MeanHuckerrr
"Full time Green machine"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby civic_eg8 on Mon 12/Jul/10 8:31pm

MeanHuckerrr wrote:
White-Lightning wrote:
gabreu wrote:
kona.stinky. wrote:if your on a small budget, I can get you a umf freddy triple crown for 1800$ new not ridden from a shop, has 888's on the front, dhx 5 out back,

That sounds too good to be true... What's the catch? ;)

it has UMF written on it...

AMEN.

What is it with everyone and umf??? i rock a 2008 umf freddy1 team, solid bike easy to peddal around woodhill. able to do amyl nitrate and av8a with ease, i don't understand why everyone dislikes them...
civic_eg8
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Postby wuffy on Mon 12/Jul/10 8:38pm

What is it with holidays and groms flooding vorb? :huh:
wuffy

Postby speeding_ant on Mon 12/Jul/10 8:48pm

You were a grom once :)
speeding_ant
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby wuffy on Mon 12/Jul/10 8:58pm

speeding_ant wrote:You were a grom once :)

I never was actually! :p
wuffy

Postby civic_eg8 on Mon 12/Jul/10 9:03pm

who's a grom?
if your saying that im a grom you are so wrong!!! never was, took up riding 3 years ago and now im 29. so get off your high horse. all im asking is whats the deal with the UMF's? if i was after you bs criticism i would ask for it
civic_eg8
Member for: 7 years 5 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Mon 12/Jul/10 9:17pm

civic_eg8 wrote:who's a grom?
if your saying that im a grom you are so wrong!!! never was, took up riding 3 years ago and now im 29. so get off your high horse. all im asking is whats the deal with the UMF's? if i was after you bs criticism i would ask for it

Just ignore Wuffy. :D
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby wuffy on Mon 12/Jul/10 9:22pm

:lol:

I never said anything of the sort! :butbut:
wuffy

Postby MattV on Mon 12/Jul/10 10:13pm

Nothing wrong with it. Ride it and be happy.
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby snr_merv on Tue 13/Jul/10 12:05am

MattV wrote:

Nothing wrong with it. Ride it and be happy.

GRRRRRRRR I'M 29 AND I STILL GET INTO ARGUMENTS OVER BRANDS, RAAARRRRRRRGGGHHHH!!!!1
snr_merv
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby wuffy on Tue 13/Jul/10 12:17am

Oh btw civic, even if I DID have a horse (which I DON'T :angry: ) It'd be a shetland pony (see image below), one of those tiny ones that are like 4 foot tall. So it wouldn't be a high horse. So your argument is invalid.

And at 29 you shouldn't be arguing on teh interwebz. But i'm 18 and retarded so it's AY-O-K! :thumbsup:
wuffy

Postby speeding_ant on Tue 13/Jul/10 8:33am

lol - I'd buy one of those pony's if I had lots of land. Then try and race it. It'd be awesome.
speeding_ant
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Cycling | Downhill Racing | Freeriding (MTB) | Mountain Biking | Trail Riding - Latest Posts