**free** Event Photos If I Get Enough Votes In Photo Contest

Postby TalkieT on Fri 29/Jan/10 6:27pm

[Edit - title changed - I will still donate $200 to Cats Protection Society in Chch if I win the vote as well]

This is a strange request... Bear with me.

I want to win a photography contest and it's got 2 prizes. One judged and one by popular vote.

It's a R&R Sport contest and the URL is http://www.rrsport.co.nz/index.php/page/photocomp

The prize is $750 worth of wetsuit(!) My GF walked into the room a few days ago and said "Enter this contest - you have to win me a new wetsuit"

So I entered, I uploaded 2 photos AFTER reading the terms and conditions to confirm I was eligible. The T&Cs say that you're a pro if you make more than 20% of your annual income from photography. I sell a few photos (usually of monutainbikers - which is the link to here :-), but it's maybe $1500/year and that's a hell of a lot less than 20% of my income. In fact I spend a LOT more money pursuing my photographic hobby than I make back from sales.

The next day I have an email from R&R sport saying that they had deleted my photos as I was a professional and it wasn't fair to the other contestants.

Only problem, I'm not a pro. I email back telling them very politely that I am not a pro, but I was flattered they thought so. I politely asked for the photos to be reinstated. They reply with something along the lines of - Well, it's against the spirit of the competition but rather than argue about it, we'll put your photos back..

AGAINST THE SPIRIT!??! I run a website, and sell a tiny amount of photos each year. I don't have a company to tax dodge, and I spend more on photography gear each year than I've EVER made in sales of pics.

SO ANYWAY... Based on the tone of the email from R&R, I have don't think I have a chance of winning the judged contest, so my only hope is to win the public vote contest. They encourage entrants to get workmates, friends and family to vote for them, so this is legit.

PLEASE sign up and vote each day for all of the images circled in this the picture at this link... (Note this includes my girlfriend's pics as well)

http://neilnz.com/stuff/votes.jpg

And here's the payoff... I'm pretty annoyed at having my photos removed initially, so it's worth money to me to win this - so if I do win the popular vote, I will donate $200 to the Cats Protection League or Cats Protection Society here in Chch (I already have a $30/month auto payment to them). I will naturally provide proof of the donation.

Payoff 2: If I win the voted section, the next local MTB event I go to (excluding oceanias and NZ nats), I'll forget to put the ugly watermark on my images :-)

So my GF gets a wetsuit, I get a happy GF, and lots of cats get food.

Please, help me lose $200 winning this.

Remember, you can vote EACH day - and based on the votes for the guy riding the inflatable crocodile, you'll need to.

Please.
Cheers - Neil Gardner
Last edited by TalkieT on Sat 30/Jan/10 11:57am, edited 3 times in total.
TalkieT
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Scotty
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: Please Help Me Win My Gf A New Wetsuit, And Help Kittens Eat

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 29/Jan/10 6:36pm

Perhaps you could sweeten the deal by posting pics of your girlfriend's boobies if you win?
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby TalkieT on Fri 29/Jan/10 6:37pm

Hahahahahha

You can vote for several pics per day. so feel free to add that one to the vote list :-)

Oh, and that's actually my sister. Seriously.

I told her about the competition so she could vote for me and she uploaded a few pics herself :-)

Cheers - N
TalkieT

Postby TalkieT on Fri 29/Jan/10 6:39pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Perhaps you could sweeten the deal by posting pics of your girlfriend's boobies if you win?

I suspect she wouldn't be keen on this. I'll post pics of the wetsuit though :-) I'll even post a pic of one of our burmese kittens wearing the wetsuit.

Go on! :-)

Actually, if I win the voted section, the next local MTB event I go to (excluding oceanias and NZ nats), I'll forget to put the ugly watermark on my images :-)

Cheers - N
www.nzsnaps.com
TalkieT

Postby stiffeeslicker on Fri 29/Jan/10 6:45pm

Done. Shame there's no sailing pics but yours are up there with the best so didn't feel guilty at all about voting!
stiffeeslicker
"Intentional, apparently."
Member for: 8 years 4 months

Postby TalkieT on Fri 29/Jan/10 6:47pm

Thanks for that :-)

I'll bump this daily as well, since each person gets new votes each day - and Mr Crocodile Rida seems to have a small army supporting him. If I could just get critical mass on a decent online forum I'll stuff him though :-)

And I can't resort to facebook as I don't do that :-)

Cheers - N
TalkieT

Postby neels on Fri 29/Jan/10 6:51pm

TalkieT wrote:And I can't resort to facebook as I don't do that :-)

Cheers - N

I'll vote for you just because of that. :thumbsup:
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby stiffeeslicker on Fri 29/Jan/10 6:54pm

+1 facebook hating :thumbsup: I do facebook, but am rapidly finding it to be a pointless waste of time and generally shite. All it's useful for is chat and mine doesn't work!
stiffeeslicker

Postby psychavoc on Fri 29/Jan/10 6:58pm

stiffeeslicker wrote:+1 facebook hating :thumbsup: I do facebook, but am rapidly finding it to be a pointless waste of time and generally shite. All it's useful for is chat and mine doesn't work!

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/facebook_suck
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby stiffeeslicker on Fri 29/Jan/10 7:05pm

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The infant profile is awesome! I do like the fact that there is a link to facebook not 10 pixels from the bottom of the article though!
stiffeeslicker

Postby TalkieT on Sat 30/Jan/10 9:13am

Bump - please vote again guys :-) Crocodile lover is killing me :-(

Cheers N
TalkieT

Postby cruiser on Sat 30/Jan/10 11:20am

TalkieT wrote:Actually, if I win the voted section, the next local MTB event I go to (excluding oceanias and NZ nats), I'll forget to put the ugly watermark on my images :-)

Cheers - N
http://www.nzsnaps.com

That's better persuasion technique...

Change your heading to "FREE event photo's if I get enough votes*"
cruiser
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby TalkieT on Sat 30/Jan/10 11:28am

cruiser wrote:
TalkieT wrote:Actually, if I win the voted section, the next local MTB event I go to (excluding oceanias and NZ nats), I'll forget to put the ugly watermark on my images :-)

Cheers - N
http://www.nzsnaps.com

That's better persuasion technique...

Change your heading to "FREE event photo's if I get enough votes*"

Good thought - *fixed*

Cheers - N
TalkieT

slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Cycling | Downhill Racing | Mountain Biking | Photography | Sifting | Surf - Latest Posts