Free Coronet Day Pass

Postby nancyboy on Thu 15/Jan/09 5:00pm

I'm doing some research looking at speeds, heart rates and visual focus of downhillers using GPS/ heart rate monitors and a head/ eye camera. If you're interested in participating by wearing a GPS monitor with HR strap for several several runs and/ or wearing the eye/head camera for a couple of runs please contact me. I can provide you with a day lift pass for the whole day. You must have a full suspension downhill bike, be 18 yr old (17 with written parental approval) and during testing wear 1.) a full face helmet;2.) body armour (chest/ shoulder/ back protector) 3.) knee pads; 4.) full-fingered gloves.

Dr Nancy Rehrer (aka Nancyboy) < [url=mailto:nrehrer@gmail.com]nrehrer@gmail.com[/url]> 021-1047900
nancyboy
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Free Coronet Day Pass

Postby psychavoc on Thu 15/Jan/09 5:47pm

Sounds like interesting research Nancy! I'll be interested in the results :)
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Postby molotovd on Thu 15/Jan/09 5:50pm

nancyboy wrote:I'm doing some research looking at speeds, heart rates and visual focus of downhillers using GPS/ heart rate monitors and a head/ eye camera. If you're interested in participating by wearing a GPS monitor with HR strap for several several runs and/ or wearing the eye/head camera for a couple of runs please contact me. I can provide you with a day lift pass for the whole day. You must have a full suspension downhill bike, be 18 yr old (17 with written parental approval) and during testing wear 1.) a full face helmet;2.) body armour (chest/ shoulder/ back protector) 3.) knee pads; 4.) full-fingered gloves.

Dr Nancy Rehrer (aka Nancyboy) < [url=mailto:nrehrer@gmail.com]nrehrer@gmail.com[/url]> 021-1047900

Hi, is that BE 18 yrs old or over 18yrs old..??

If over, i'm keen as i'm going to be there on 23,24,25 jan, and meet all the attire requirements. how fit do you need to be..?? hehe
molotovd
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby devildual on Fri 16/Jan/09 4:22pm

My guess the results would be: for those who know the trail best, reduced heart rates and less head movement, as they know the trail so well they can relax and enjoy the ride and don't need to look around to see where the trail is going. For those who don't know the trail well, fast heart rate, heaps of head movement and slower decents. I often find following someone who knows a trial is the bet way to ride. I get the thrill of knowing where to go and what speed to use but all with a fast heart rate (i.e., heaps of adrenalin). Good luck with the study... Post the results on Vorb please...
devildual
"reality exists between us"
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby cruiser on Fri 16/Jan/09 8:09pm

I think it would be useful to ask subjects how much they were packing their undies on each run too! that would affect HR heaps.

Maybe get them separated into some kind of mental focus/ confidence exercises before each run and see the corellating times vs HR??

I reckon cross crawling exercises before a run would help heaps too.
cruiser
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Coronet Peak | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Lower South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | Otago | Public Notices | Queenstown | Regions - Latest Posts