Would you eat something that had been dropped on the floor?

Yes - Sometimes there are bonus nutrients added in the process
51%
No - Ewwww! Who would do such a thing??
No votes
Maybe - Depends on how hungry I am, and whether it is a tasty piece of food!
49%

Total voters : 49

Postby inzane on Thu 31/Jul/08 9:35am

21 yes, 19 maybe and not one person has voted "no" on the poll...

Interesting...
inzane
"Ride better, ride faster"
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby CaptainCaveman on Thu 31/Jul/08 10:17am

inzane wrote:
pissface wrote: i am curious: do people really believe that the number of seconds makes any difference at all?

might depend on whether they have had any edumacation? Me, I have done food micro papers, and understand how easily micro contamination spreads. The classic but not very pc lab experiment to demonstrate this was seeing how much e. coli contamination was on someones hands after wiping a tissue over an ecoli plate. Done with 1 layer through to about 6 layers of tissue, and even with 6 layers there was amazing amounts of e.coli though to the hands!!... Then the experiment was testing how much was still on the hands after washing with normal soap and water... :crazy:

Tell ya what, you get all paranoid for the first few days of a course like that, and then you realise that all those microbes were there before you knew they were there... and that you have not died yet!!

I think the introduction of some microbes is good to maintain a healthy immune system!!

And don't forgetthey taste quite good too. E Coli on toast - yea baby!
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby scatter on Thu 31/Jul/08 10:21am

CaptainCaveman wrote:And don't forgetthey taste quite good too. E Coli on toast - yea baby!

E. coli = most disgusting thing that you can grow in a lab. Stupid bug being so good for recombinant work :hmmm:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby inzane on Thu 31/Jul/08 11:10am

scatter wrote:
CaptainCaveman wrote:And don't forgetthey taste quite good too. E Coli on toast - yea baby!

E. coli = most disgusting thing that you can grow in a lab. Stupid bug being so good for recombinant work :hmmm:

It has a pretty metalic green sheen tho :eh:
inzane
"Ride better, ride faster"
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Thu 31/Jul/08 1:38pm

i just dropped some chocolate icing in a patch of dust/hair. too good to waste :)
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Sifting - Latest Posts