Postby woofdog on Tue 6/Jan/09 10:23pm

Thanks rjackson and anyone else that swung the grubber at the new corner. There is no more work/help required on that corner, other than what I'll be doing.
I'll be leaving the rocks at the top to keep the corner interesting, I have moved the rocks at the bottom and maybe I'll use them for making a small table-top at the corner exit.
Conditions are currently a bit dry for track building...

I'll post when some more clearing is required further up the track.
woofdog
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Re:

Postby woofdog on Sat 10/Jan/09 4:23pm

woofdog wrote:There is no more work/help required on that corner, other than what I'll be doing.
I'll be leaving the rocks at the top to keep the corner interesting, I have moved the rocks at the bottom and maybe I'll use them for making a small table-top at the corner exit.
Conditions are currently a bit dry for track building...

I'll post when some more clearing is required further up the track.

......I've mostly finished this corner. If anyone would like to help then the grass needs clearing on the entry and eixt of the jump that you will see at the exit of the corner. The grubber is by the jump.
woofdog

Re: Flying Nun Track

Postby woofdog on Thu 15/Jan/09 9:36pm

Corner and tabletop finished. If you're wondering why there is a rock on the table, it's to stop people from launching off to the right and into the grass.
I'll tidy up the bit after the tabletop at some stage.
woofdog

Postby crazychris on Sun 18/Jan/09 9:55pm

went down the new flying nun for the first time in about a year today. I like the new layout, it's quite different, and as an XC rider, not a downhiller, I enjoyed it a lot more than it's old format (or I may just be getting better at this riding lark)

Well done!
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby wachtourak on Tue 24/Feb/09 7:49pm

I rode this track for the first time last thursday, mad props to the builders, such a fun track with a bit of everything in it. I rode it on my DH bike and it was super sick. Looks like a track you can ride on anything but you can ride it on a DH bike and it doesn't feel like the DH bike is 'too much bike' for it. Loved pinning the very first rock garden/rock steps bit with no brakes :D

The bottom bit has soo much flow, you are going so silly fast down there.

inzane wrote:It is getting so much use that the older switchbacks up the top before you get to the new bit are getting really hammered... the braking bumps coming into them are getting quite bad!

The braking bumps were oarsume! Especially when asshole pav tried to do the ones leading into the third switchback with no brakes and steamed off into the bushes :lol:
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby woofdog on Thu 26/Mar/09 8:48pm

The corner with the bigger braking bumps (3rd corner down?) now has an alternative bit of track finished. The switchback berm is soft so no braking round that please.
woofdog

Postby danose on Thu 26/Mar/09 9:56pm

woofdog wrote:The corner with the bigger braking bumps (3rd corner down?) now has an alternative bit of track finished. The switchback berm is soft so no braking round that please.

loving your work :thumbsup: dragged percy up there weekend before last - he didn't realise there was more fun stuff above the existing bit and had been denying himself added giggles
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby woofdog on Mon 30/Mar/09 8:24pm

danose wrote:
woofdog wrote:The corner with the bigger braking bumps (3rd corner down?) now has an alternative bit of track finished. The switchback berm is soft so no braking round that please.

loving your work :thumbsup: dragged percy up there weekend before last - he didn't realise there was more fun stuff above the existing bit and had been denying himself added giggles

I got some good comments about the jumps, so there's now a bonus jump after the switchback berm, to increase the giggle factor. (National party voters should stick to the old bit of track though, to stay consistent with the policy of taking money away from biking development and putting it towards getting more vehicles on the road).
woofdog

Postby danose on Mon 30/Mar/09 9:42pm

woofdog wrote:I got some good comments about the jumps, so there's now a bonus jump after the switchback berm, to increase the giggle factor.

we were up there doing laps of it yesterday - new bit is extremely fun, and has jumps even a self-confessed lycra lover like me can hit :thumbsup:
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Brydo on Mon 30/Mar/09 10:09pm

Up there Saturday and Sunday, it just keeps getting better, tracks packed down hard and fast, jumps are a nice size, :lol: well done.
Brydo
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby shanew on Tue 31/Mar/09 6:19am

Wow iv been meaning to do this track for ages, went up there yesterday and have fallen in love :love: the track flows so well and has heap of challenging bits that keep you on your toes. its just such a pity the up hill is such a slog to get to it :satan:
shanew
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby crazychris on Tue 31/Mar/09 7:16am

shanew wrote:Wow iv been meaning to do this track for ages, went up there yesterday and have fallen in love :love: the track flows so well and has heap of challenging bits that keep you on your toes. its just such a pity the up hill is such a slog to get to it :satan:

a little easier than Anaconda tho...
crazychris

Postby shanew on Tue 31/Mar/09 7:44am

crazychris wrote:
shanew wrote:Wow iv been meaning to do this track for ages, went up there yesterday and have fallen in love :love: the track flows so well and has heap of challenging bits that keep you on your toes. its just such a pity the up hill is such a slog to get to it :satan:

yeah iv been putting off doing captain thomas but i think i may have to give it a go one afternoon this week. only one way to get fitter, its just such a pity it so much hard work :crazy:
shanew
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby crazychris on Tue 31/Mar/09 8:36am

shanew wrote:
crazychris wrote:

yeah iv been putting off doing captain thomas but i think i may have to give it a go one afternoon this week. only one way to get fitter, its just such a pity it so much hard work :crazy:

Last time I went down Capt. Tom. I had an endo and was landed on by the chap following me (spoke + puncture) who did the same thing in the same place, then I ended up in a large blackberry bush a short time later (scars now healed). And that was down. I'm never riding UP that track!!
crazychris

Postby ashesman on Tue 31/Mar/09 9:03am

Captain Thomas is great! I managed to ride it all the way down without putting a foot down a few weekends ago but can not for the life of me ride all the way up it! Anybody out there ever managed to ride up it?
ashesman

Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Port Hills | Regions - Latest Posts