Which alternative flag?

Silver fern.
2%
Silver fern with less silver, some stars, and a red corner.
7%
Whirlpool
7%
Silver fern with less silver, some stars, and a black corner.
29%
Red Peak.
55%

Total voters : 42

Re: Flag Pole Poll

Postby Scotty on Sun 6/Mar/16 6:28pm

znomit wrote:
Rik wrote:I'd vote for the existing flag solely because of massive embarrassment value that it will have for Mr John Key if the vote goes that way.

That's really quite a shame.

We should do this again and shoot any politician who voices an opinion. Maybe the ones who don't voice an opinion too.

For me that's not really the point. There are legitimate reasons to change the flag, unfortunately the swarmy git in charge railroaded the process and turned it into his own little bit of legacy-building.

As soon as the black and blue was released he was all over it, and the clowns he paid for on the panels agreed with him because hey, who wouldn't want to be involved and get paid for it?

If it was Red Peak, I'd be voting for change. Alternative to the current flag is shithouse.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby mfw on Thu 24/Mar/16 8:47pm

NZ decided to flag it :rolleyes:
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 24/Mar/16 9:14pm

That was closer than expected :o
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 24/Mar/16 9:28pm

Thank fucking christ we're not changing to that horrid mess.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Rik on Thu 24/Mar/16 9:59pm

phew - glad thats over, with the right decision (in my opinion), good can we move on now, with all the important stuff.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Bigfoot on Fri 25/Mar/16 7:16am

Rik wrote: with all the important stuff.

Laser kiwis, right? :eh:
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby nostromo on Fri 25/Mar/16 9:05am

Disappointed. Not so much that we didnt select the particular alternative, but that we've retained something thats meaningless. And looks like the Aussie flag. And has Gerri Halliwells dress in one corner. I think thats the worst part. Its like our flag is wearing a Great Britain badge.

Flag is supposed to represent NZ and it fails.
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Wobbler on Fri 25/Mar/16 10:06am

Current flag could still be changed in 10-15 years time once everyone's tits have calmed from this shitty process. Get a proper process in place, you know like not with sports and bussiness people choosing the final options and there we go. If we had ended up with that abortion then that would be it for the next 100+ years.

Or in the meantime Australia might change theirs and all the omg I cant count or tell the difference between two colours sookers will stfu
Wobbler

Postby Rik on Fri 25/Mar/16 10:06am

Bigfoot wrote:
Rik wrote: with all the important stuff.

Laser kiwis, right? :eh:

Hell yeah, Way more effective at irradiating pests than 1080. About time Kiwis some firepower on their side
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby slowMTB on Fri 25/Mar/16 11:22am

This country is dying a slow narrow minded death, I have never heard a POMME who now resides here talk favorably of their home land (hardly surprising considering they migrated to NZ I guess) and sadly that is where we are heading while we prop up their coffers.

The outcome was disappointing for me, but it is hardly surprising considering who is at the wheel of the 'Titanic' (another British icon :rolleyes: ).

The process farked the whole thing unfortunately :(
slowMTB
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby Kyle on Fri 25/Mar/16 2:13pm

If we were really concerned about the cost of all this bollocks we should be advocating not to get rid of the union jack but to have it blown up full size. So that once again the sun never sets on Brittania. As a bonus we get sweet sweet euro zone access to keep our dairy farmers quiet and get to replace 120 variously useless pillocks and the 5000 associated hanger ons with 1 monkey in London who we can promptly ignore because he'll spend the whole time drunk off his face in some pretentious soho back alley shitehole.

#longliveliz
Kyle
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 25/Mar/16 10:13pm

I feel grubby that people think I endorsed the Union Jack flag. I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE!!! :hmmm:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Wobbler on Fri 25/Mar/16 10:20pm

happybaboon wrote:I feel grubby that people think I endorsed the Union Jack flag. I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE!!! :hmmm:

You are clearly ruining new zealand if you didnt vote for change
Wobbler

Postby happybaboon on Fri 25/Mar/16 10:22pm

Sorry :( I'll be more 100% Pure in the future.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Scotty on Sat 26/Mar/16 7:09am

This article here best reflects what I think: http://www.odt.co.nz/news/national/3775 ... nce-change

As for Peter Chin, fucker railroaded the city into a Stadium that it didn't have an appetite for - the guy's a champion at force-feeding shit to people, perfect lackey for the job.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Sifting - Latest Posts