Re: 40 Hr 'famine'

Postby istepinyards on Sun 23/May/10 12:43pm

They sure have a lot to answer for. :rolleyes: What is the kill rate percentage between Christians and Atheists? I'd expect it to be highly stacked on the Christian side
istepinyards
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sun 23/May/10 12:45pm

istepinyards wrote:They sure have a lot to answer for. :rolleyes: What is the kill rate percentage between Christians and Atheists? I'd expect it to be highly stacked on the Christian side

Stalin and Pol Pot are reprezenting for the atheists. :cool:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 16 years 11 months

Postby cruiser on Sun 23/May/10 12:59pm

It isn't Cristians who have alot to answer for, It's more to do with people and groups who crave power and control regardless of beliefs/ religion. you could say the worst 'religion' is capitalism and we would hardly be wrong!
cruiser
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sun 23/May/10 1:04pm

cruiser wrote: you could say the worst 'religion' is capitalism and we would hardly be wrong!

No, you would be entirely wrong. Capitalism is not a religion. It's not even a 'religion' (whatever that is).
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby bubbaa on Sun 23/May/10 1:11pm

fatwombat wrote:I do think WVis a Christian organisation. And I do think that's a good thing.
What I've written in my previous posts:
(1) WV is not a bible-based organisation i.e. it wasn't set up to spread Christian dogma;
(2) It was founded by Christians, inspired by Christian values;
(3) I think Christian values are good.

I'm not sure why I've given the impression that I don't think it's a Christian org. I guess what I'm trying to say is that BEING a Christian organisation is a good thing; but BEING LABELLED a "Christian" organisation is sometimes, in some countries, a bad thing. All my talk about semantics and "bible-based" was to make the point that WV is the good sort of Christian org, not the bad sort. That's why I kept saying that Oli and I are in agreement about WV. I would say the same things about the Salvation Army or the St Vincent de Paul Society - set up by Christians to show Christian charity, they accept and help people because those people have needs, not because the needy people accept a particular doctrine.

Maybe if I'd always lived in NZ it wouldn't occur to me that a Christian org could be bad, but in Asian countries, Muslim countries, many Eastern European and Mediterranean countries, that is the general perception.

I think, FW, those subtleties are lost to everyone except active religious christians.
The fact no reference to the teachings of JC exists outside the Bible (historical corroboration of his existence exists but nothing about his teachings) infers that to be christian or to follow the teaching of JC must be to follow what is written in the bible as his teachings come from there alone.
Distinguishing christianity sub-types by calling one bible based and another not bible based can only create confusion as all types of christianity are based on the bible and therefore by definition "Bible based"
bubbaa
"bite me"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sun 23/May/10 1:19pm

bubbaa wrote:The fact no reference to the teachings of JC exists outside the Bible

Did you just pull that "fact" out of your arse? There are a bunch of non-canonical gospels that refer to Jesus' teachings. hth.
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby bubbaa on Sun 23/May/10 1:26pm

agree - but they are all copies of each other and christians don't follow them. They follow the bible versions.
So while inaccurate I was still correct about christianity being bible based.
Although if we are being picky as it seems we are I suppose there could be a sect of Christians that do follow non canonical versions - maybe you could inform us more?
bubbaa
"bite me"

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sun 23/May/10 1:29pm

Maybe you could do the research yourself and stop being full of shit.
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby bubbaa on Sun 23/May/10 1:33pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Maybe you could do the research yourself and stop being full of shit.

maybe you could contribute something positive to the discussion and stop being an agressive wanker
bubbaa
"bite me"

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sun 23/May/10 1:38pm

I did contribute something, I demonstrated that you were incorrect about one of the "facts" you blithely asserted. :D
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby bubbaa on Sun 23/May/10 1:42pm

maybe you could read the rest of the discussion and contribute something positive to the discussion as I said. you were right about that, i was wrong. I admit that. It doesn't materially change the substance of what i was trying to establish ie that christaians follow the bible and are therefore bible based. Now can you move on and either contribute to the discussion in a positive way - or fuck off :D
bubbaa
"bite me"

Postby disoriented on Sun 23/May/10 5:38pm

fatwombat wrote:(1) WV is not a bible-based organisation i.e. it wasn't set up to spread Christian dogma;

Sounds like it is giving christains another reson to bash each other.
disoriented
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby the-right-to-evolve on Sun 23/May/10 6:26pm

christians are evil. jesus's miracles arent real. if we are all gods children why is he more special than the rest of us? what kind of community could believe that we are all inbred bastards of two people. if god is so loving why do innocent people suffer everyday all over the world.

im sorry but the facts just dont hold true i can appreciate that maybe jesus was a nice fellow but come on....walking on water??

life sucks and then you die. deal with it.
the-right-to-evolve
"Language is the liquid that we're all dissolved in, great for solving problems after it creates them."
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby FSR_Man on Sun 23/May/10 9:32pm

if god is so loving why do innocent people suffer everyday all over the world.

good question

why do you think it is?

heres a thought: coffee growers all over the world suffer and are working at a constant loss becasue of the greed of the people they sell it too. we choose not to buy free trade. as a result people suffer, get disease, cannot fight for their family, cannot provide for them.... they cycle repeats. whos fault was it..... ours.

lets say jesus was who he claimed to be... do you really think it was his lack of love that put people in poverty, or do you think it could be our own greed?

just a thought.

and by the way i sore the kids in the cage raising funds in town last night! big ups to them! mad respect!
FSR_Man
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Wobbler on Sun 23/May/10 9:35pm

fair trade coffee isnt going to magically make things better

HTH
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Food | Sifting - Latest Posts