Re: Fallout 3: Where Should I Explore?

Postby ants06 on Tue 14/Apr/09 8:25pm

Wobbler wrote:blurgh, need to reinstall windows, where do the saved games sit? cant find them in the directory and there doesn't seem to be a folder in my documents

C:\Documents and Settings\???????\My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves

where ??????? = what ever your account name ( e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\wobbler\My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves)

OR
You can do a search of your drives (c/d/e etc) using you characters name that should find it :)

hope this helps
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Wobbler on Tue 14/Apr/09 8:36pm

aaaaaaaah in a my games folder, chur for that :thumbsup:
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby lubie on Wed 15/Apr/09 11:53am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:I'm collecting teddy bears, I have about 50. :)

I'm collecting toy cars, but i've only got about 5 so far
lubie
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby ants06 on Wed 15/Apr/09 11:59am

LOL , im evil started again perks are sneak ,black widow ,cannibal ,night person and contract killer
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Postby Wobbler on Wed 15/Apr/09 12:54pm

yeah I'm thinking a bad character might be fun, the stink thing about just killing everyone is you miss out on a fair few quest rewards...
Wobbler

Postby ants06 on Wed 15/Apr/09 12:56pm

Wobbler wrote:yeah I'm thinking a bad character might be fun, the stink thing about just killing everyone is you miss out on a fair few quest rewards...

Nope . You just speak to them nice and accept there missions then on completion you kill them and take there gear that way you get the prize the cred and there gear :o
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Postby Wobbler on Wed 15/Apr/09 1:16pm

that sounds like a much better plan :D

I shot that silly bint sydney in the back of the head for her smg the last character I went through with :paranoid:
Wobbler

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 16/Apr/09 10:37am

I was sure I read the answer to this before I had the game, but I can't find it now!

I have PC version, got to about level 10, decided to get anchorage and the Pitt.

Now I did install and sign on to Live when I installed the game, but obviously at the wrong time or in the wrong order or something, so my save games are not on my Live profile. When I start the game the Download tab is highlighted if I log onto Live, but then I can't access my saves. If I log off I can access my saves but the download tab greys out.

Is my character toast? do I have to start over? how do I access the damn dlc anyway?

thanks in advance!
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby ants06 on Thu 16/Apr/09 10:44am

Chances are that you currant character is a "off-line" profile hence why its not available on line now that you have add-ons.

its is in one write up on the pitt....."Some players may have to start a new character in order to play "The Pitt"
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 16/Apr/09 11:31am

yep, character is definitely off-line. the microsoft live 'integration' is poorly done. I had no idea I was supposed to go online at the start, and why can't I import my offline character to my profile anyway (answer: cos there is no real integration...)

I did read in a review of anchorage that you could work round it, but I imagine that was killed with the latest patch for the pitt.
Klarkash-ton

Postby ants06 on Thu 16/Apr/09 11:51am

Can you take "the pitt" off line ? i used "other" means to get mine so have no issues
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 16/Apr/09 12:52pm

lol, as usual the paying customers are the ones that suffer...that'll teach me :)

don't know where the files are, Live hides them, but i'll look into it. There must be a way.
Klarkash-ton

Postby ants06 on Thu 16/Apr/09 12:56pm

Klarkash-ton wrote:lol, as usual the paying customers are the ones that suffer...that'll teach me :)

don't know where the files are, Live hides them, but i'll look into it. There must be a way.

I did pay for the org game :p
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 16/Apr/09 7:53pm

ants06 wrote:
Klarkash-ton wrote:lol, as usual the paying customers are the ones that suffer...that'll teach me :)

I did pay for the org game :p

me commenting on that would be a mr kettle meet mr pot situation :rolleyes:

apparently it is simplicity itself. copy the DLC folder from the xlive folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Brian\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\XLive) to the fallout3\data folder.

the reason I couldn't find the content before? when I installed f3 the first time I have loads of CTDs. Instead of blaming the game I thought my old porky windows install may be to blame so created a clean install. result? one crash in over 15 hours gameplay. but I hadn't set the folder options in the clean install to show hidden files :hmmm: schoolboy error...
Klarkash-ton

Postby ants06 on Thu 16/Apr/09 8:19pm

for those playing pc versions download this...

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=121

Click files and get " Levelcap30-40"

Once extracted add only the level 30 file delete the other( the 40 will crash the game as during one of the last level ups everything will be 100% with points left-so no way out )
ants06
"Google first muppet"

Sifting | Video Games - Latest Posts