ACT
1%
Conservative
4%
Civilian
3%
Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party
3%
None, I abandoned NZ in the mistaken hope that things would be better in Australia
4%
Other
2%

Total voters : 118

Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 14/Aug/14 7:50am

A thread in which to discuss why John Key is literally Hitler. :)
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Election 2014

Postby wachtourak on Thu 14/Aug/14 8:39am

I hope you are voting NZ First to get old Winnie P in for some lulz
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby dwgknz on Thu 14/Aug/14 8:58am

I'm selfishly supporting the road builders at the moment for a few reasons.

1. I live in Kapiti so better roads mean less deaths and far better access to Wellington (and the trains are fine so don't need any more major investment at this stage)
2. Roads pay my wages at the moment (it's nice to work in asset management when the organisations flush with money)
3. Lack of a suitable alternative - I think things are going ok at the moment and no ones offering anything better in the future
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Postby RugbySucks on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:02am

dwgknz wrote:I'm selfishly supporting the road builders at the moment for a few reasons.

1. I live in Kapiti so better roads mean less deaths and far better access to Wellington (and the trains are fine so don't need any more major investment at this stage)
2. Roads pay my wages at the moment (it's nice to work in asset management when the organisations flush with money)
3. Lack of a suitable alternative - I think things are going ok at the moment and no ones offering anything better in the future

:withstupid:
RugbySucks
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby Wobbler on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:05am

wachtourak wrote:I hope you are voting NZ First to get old Winnie P in for some lulz

hooah
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby ButtersNZ on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:08am

I'm voting NZ First for the first time ever. Greens have received my vote in previous years.

I've read NZ First's policies and they really resonate well with me. Particularly for recreation and the environment.

http://nzfirst.org.nz/policies

My parents will be voting National because they oppose the capital gains tax that Labour are proposing, and the slander tactics they have used.

Interestingly, I took a test that shows what party your ideals align best with. Apparently the internet party is my party - however they lost all credibility when Kim Dotcom incited a "Fu*k John Key" chant at a rally. No class at all, but I still admire how passionate he has made younger, disenchanted or disinterested NZers about politics. That's a definite positive.

Check out http://onthefence.co.nz/

I also found the following to be an interesting read on why National sucks. Some of it more important than other parts.
http://www.averagekiwi.com/?p=2449
ButtersNZ
Member for: 3 years 10 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:12am

ButtersNZ wrote:I'm voting NZ First for the first time ever.

Yaar, I'm also tempted by their xenophobic platform. Two Wongs don't make a right!
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:13am

dwgknz wrote:3. Lack of a suitable alternative - I think things are going ok at the moment and no ones offering anything better in the future

srsly? things are going 'ok' at the moment, and you're, as JK would say, "comfortable with that"? how are things going 'ok' at the moment? the mega rich getting so insanely rich and the gap between them and everyone else is a good thing?? that's 'ok' is it? and the rivers? dairy effluent is good for them? and JK and his muppets are all so honest and honorable, arent they?

they need OUSTING, not allowing to remain the status quo just cos things are 'ok'...

:satan:
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:17am

swtchbckr wrote:
dwgknz wrote:3. Lack of a suitable alternative - I think things are going ok at the moment and no ones offering anything better in the future

srsly? things are going 'ok' at the moment, and you're, as JK would say, "comfortable with that"? how are things going 'ok' at the moment? the mega rich getting so insanely rich and the gap between them and everyone else is a good thing?? that's 'ok' is it? and the rivers? dairy effluent is good for them? and JK and his muppets are all so honest and honorable, arent they?

But, roads. :eh:
E Dogg Capizzle

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:18am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:But, roads. :eh:

roads will always be made, he'll still have a job
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby dwgknz on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:23am

I don't give a toss about the mega-rich, regardless of whose in power they're always going to get richer. It's better to get them to spend and invest than to prohibit their activities through taxation.

I care more about job creation and the success of the middle class.

The rivers are a fuck up for everyone, yeah Nationals weak on it and it needs to be addressed sooner rather than later but not my key beef at the moment.
dwgknz

Postby Wobbler on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:26am

I dont give a toss about roads I want more lulz
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby scatter on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:27am

The Nats have been in for long enough, we need a change :rolleyes:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby ButtersNZ on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:29am

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
ButtersNZ wrote:I'm voting NZ First for the first time ever.

Yaar, I'm also tempted by their xenophobic platform. Two Wongs don't make a right!

Yes, foreigners are terrifying! They look different and have more money than us...
ButtersNZ
Member for: 3 years 10 months

Postby dwgknz on Thu 14/Aug/14 9:30am

swtchbckr wrote:they need OUSTING, not allowing to remain the status quo just cos things are 'ok'...

But back to my point, for who and what?
dwgknz

National Politics | Paddling | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts