Which party gets your vote?

National
28
24%
Labour
7
6%
Greens
55
47%
New Zealand First
4
3%
Maori
1
1%
Internet-Mana
2
2%
United Future
2
2%
ACT
1
1%
Conservative
5
4%
Civilian
3
3%
Aotearoa Legalise Cannabis Party
3
3%
None, I abandoned NZ in the mistaken hope that things would be better in Australia
5
4%
Other
2
2%
 
Total voters : 118

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby Simonius_Titius on Wed 3/Dec/14 8:32pm

Oli wrote:As far as I can ascertain from Roget's Thesaurus (and my own understanding) Babs is in fact entirely correct - evidence and proof aren't synonyms at all.


Possibly we have all been outed as old farts who can't keep up with the new lingo.

I see so many sentences with their meaning reversed by omission of 'nt that I am starting to wonder if it is just accepted these days that one should guess from the context whether a positive or negative was intended. Maybe some people don't even attempt to txt a negative any more. :crazy:
Simonius_Titius
User avatar
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 4/Dec/14 1:40pm

Simonius_Titius wrote:
Oli wrote:As far as I can ascertain from Roget's Thesaurus (and my own understanding) Babs is in fact entirely correct - evidence and proof aren't synonyms at all.


Possibly we have all been outed as old farts who can't keep up with the new lingo.

I see so many sentences with their meaning reversed by omission of 'nt that I am starting to wonder if it is just accepted these days that one should guess from the context whether a positive or negative was intended. Maybe some people don't even attempt to txt a negative any more. :crazy:
Actually I was completely wrong, I was going to try and argue that proof is a subset of evidence and weasel it , but CBF. :paranoid: In my defence I was running a 39.4 degree fever when I posted. (feeling mush better now fangz) :cool:
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 4/Dec/14 2:17pm

CrustyMTB wrote:Actually I was completely wrong


It's refreshing to see someone admit a mistake. Unlike some posters who will remain anonymous (i.e. Babs) who cling on to a failing proposition like their life depended on it.
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby Wobbler on Thu 4/Dec/14 2:20pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote:Actually I was completely wrong


It's refreshing to see someone admit a mistake. Unlike some posters who will remain anonymous (i.e. Babs) who cling on to a failing proposition like their life depended on it.


So when are you going to admit that ham sux :eh:
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby znomit on Thu 4/Dec/14 2:21pm

Oli wrote:As far as I can ascertain from Roget's Thesaurus (and my own understanding) Babs is in fact entirely correct - evidence and proof aren't synonyms at all.


Wouldn't the evidence of the thesaurus agreeing with Babs prove that the thesaurus is wrong?
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 4/Dec/14 2:22pm

Wobbler wrote:So when are you going to admit that ham sux :eh:


But it doesn't. :eh:
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby Wobbler on Thu 4/Dec/14 2:32pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
Wobbler wrote:So when are you going to admit that ham sux :eh:


But it doesn't. :eh:


ok babs
Wobbler
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby CrustyMTB on Thu 4/Dec/14 2:36pm

Wobbler wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote:Actually I was completely wrong


It's refreshing to see someone admit a mistake. Unlike some posters who will remain anonymous (i.e. Babs) who cling on to a failing proposition like their life depended on it.


So when are you going to admit that ham sux :eh:
When Ham begins to suck, I will admit it sux, also on the day that black is white, I will admit that black in fact white. It seems likely that I will admit that JonKey isn't a douchebag, that Whalefail isn't an obese fucktard, and Judith Collins is lovely but misunderstood, on the same day.
CrustyMTB
User avatar
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby Oli on Thu 4/Dec/14 3:20pm

znomit wrote:
Oli wrote:As far as I can ascertain from Roget's Thesaurus (and my own understanding) Babs is in fact entirely correct - evidence and proof aren't synonyms at all.


Wouldn't the evidence of the thesaurus agreeing with Babs prove that the thesaurus is wrong?
Babs is right on occasion, you just have to fight the natural urge to take the polar opposite view just because he said it. :)
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby Conners on Thu 4/Dec/14 5:09pm

Simonius_Titius wrote: but would prefer less volume and repetition.

Jesus, that's a bit rich coming from the king of TL:DR posts, innit? :eh:
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby philstar on Thu 4/Dec/14 7:09pm

Conners wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote: but would prefer less volume and repetition.

Jesus, that's a bit rich coming from the king of TL:DR posts, innit? :eh:


what does repetition have to do with TL:DR post ?
philstar
User avatar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby Oli on Thu 4/Dec/14 7:15pm

philstar wrote:
Conners wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote: but would prefer less volume and repetition.

Jesus, that's a bit rich coming from the king of TL:DR posts, innit? :eh:


what does repetition have to do with TL:DR post ?
Volume = TL;DR, perhaps? :eh:
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby znomit on Thu 4/Dec/14 7:16pm

philstar wrote:
Conners wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote: but would prefer less volume and repetition.

Jesus, that's a bit rich coming from the king of TL:DR posts, innit? :eh:


what does repetition have to do with TL:DR post ?


I don't know, what does repetition have to do with TL:DR post ?
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby philstar on Thu 4/Dec/14 7:17pm

Oli wrote:
philstar wrote:
Conners wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote: but would prefer less volume and repetition.

Jesus, that's a bit rich coming from the king of TL:DR posts, innit? :eh:


what does repetition have to do with TL:DR post ?
Volume = TL;DR, perhaps? :eh:


interesting interpretation of volume, I read ST's post as VOLUME
philstar
User avatar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Election 2014: To Infinity And Beyond!

Postby Oli on Thu 4/Dec/14 7:22pm

philstar wrote:
Oli wrote:
philstar wrote:
Conners wrote:
Simonius_Titius wrote: but would prefer less volume and repetition.

Jesus, that's a bit rich coming from the king of TL:DR posts, innit? :eh:


what does repetition have to do with TL:DR post ?
Volume = TL;DR, perhaps? :eh:


interesting interpretation of volume, I read ST's post as VOLUME


Well that will teach me for not reading the post the quote was pulled from three pages ago. You are correct about his meaning of the term.
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 3 months

National Politics | Paddling | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

50 Users browsing this website: AgrAde, DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 45 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop