Re: Easy Taupo Riding Advice Needed.

Postby jeyboi on Fri 8/Apr/11 7:33pm

kona.stinky. wrote:Maybe
Tank Stand > Ge grinder > Buzzard > Young Buzzard > Incline > Coaster ?

You definitely deserved the hair pulling.
jeyboi
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby kona.stinky. on Fri 8/Apr/11 8:43pm

jeyboi wrote:
kona.stinky. wrote:Maybe
Tank Stand > Ge grinder > Buzzard > Young Buzzard > Incline > Coaster ?

You definitely deserved the hair pulling.

FFS I missed the not good at downhill bit, give me a break.
kona.stinky.
"Si"
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby blackadder63 on Fri 8/Apr/11 9:31pm

Just done W2K in the last month. Was scoping it out to do with my partner, have decided that if I was going to do it with her I would go Whakaipo to Kinloch... if she found it too hard she could wait at Kinloch where there is food and coffee (and wine!) while I could blast back to the car and drive around. I thought the climb from Whakaipo would be quite long to the summit for her in time (its not steep...just long), I would guess around an hour to the summit. I talked to some other people of different abilities and they all thought it was great, as they said "if it gets too hard you can always walk". Surprisingly the climb out of Kinloch was quite easy and quick in comparison, and the run back to Whakaipo seemed to take a while (admittedly I accidently rode the headland loop which was 10kms but really good). Im no expert in the Taupo area, but I would give W2K a tick....
blackadder63
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby way_downsouth on Sat 9/Apr/11 10:47am

Cheers for the tips - W2K will be the go. I think she will be fine with the distance, but either way, it won't be too long for me to race back to the car. Now we just need some good weather!
way_downsouth
"Average at best"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Taupo | Taupo Region - Latest Posts