Dunners Drivers Dunno How To Drive..

Postby psychavoc on Fri 8/Nov/13 3:24pm

Having been both a cyclist and a driver in Dunedin, I have to say this seems pretty accurate :(

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news/93 ... orst-in-NZ
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Dunners Drivers Dunno How To Drive..

Postby ryda on Fri 8/Nov/13 3:44pm

Didn't know dunners was a suburb of Porirua :p .....sums up the driving around here very well :paranoid:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby dwgknz on Fri 8/Nov/13 4:48pm

ryda wrote:Didn't know dunners was a suburb of Porirua :p .....sums up the driving around here very well :paranoid:

Heaps of Porirua drivers must love driving between Pram and town. :crazy:
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby slidecontrol on Fri 8/Nov/13 6:08pm

sounds like an unfair targeting of Dunedin, everywhere else in the country seems to have an oversupply of muppets behinds the wheel too.
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Fri 8/Nov/13 6:29pm

yeah sounds like business as usual, saw plenty of that just today.

looking at the figures I get the impression that it's too dangerous for cars on the road. They should be banned for their own safety.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby CrashTestDummy on Fri 8/Nov/13 7:01pm

psychavoc wrote:Having been both a cyclist and a driver in Dunedin, I have to say this seems pretty accurate :(

+1
CrashTestDummy
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Scotty on Fri 8/Nov/13 7:17pm

slidecontrol wrote:sounds like an unfair targeting of Dunedin, everywhere else in the country seems to have an oversupply of muppets behinds the wheel too.

When I moved to Welly from Dunners I was [url]amazed[/url] at how polite everyone was. People let others in at busy intersections and OMG people indicated!

Dunedin? They sort of scream fuck you at you while trying to cut you off from wherever you're going. There's a big self-entitlement thing going because everyone's used to quiet-ish roads and when they get 'busy' people just LOSE THEIR FUCKING MINDS!

It's just shit. This is not an exaggeration: people who indicate when pulling out of car parks etc are in the minority - again, because they're used to quiet roads.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby dwgknz on Fri 8/Nov/13 8:02pm

Scotty wrote:
slidecontrol wrote:sounds like an unfair targeting of Dunedin, everywhere else in the country seems to have an oversupply of muppets behinds the wheel too.

When I moved to Welly from Dunners I was [url]amazed[/url] at how polite everyone was. People let others in at busy intersections and OMG people indicated!

Dunedin? They sort of scream fuck you at you while trying to cut you off from wherever you're going. There's a big self-entitlement thing going because everyone's used to quiet-ish roads and when they get 'busy' people just LOSE THEIR FUCKING MINDS!

It's just shit. This is not an exaggeration: people who indicate when pulling out of car parks etc are in the minority - again, because they're used to quiet roads.

I had a lady take both hands of the wheel and scream fuck you at me on the urban motorway in Wellington yesterday. All because we both indicated at the same time to move into the middle lane.
dwgknz
Member for: 4 years 7 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Fri 8/Nov/13 8:57pm

Actually, reading the stats, Wellington drivers are the best. :)

Yet another reason Welli rocks, we're smug and superior for a good reason. :p
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby catmannz on Fri 8/Nov/13 11:16pm

CrustyMTB wrote:Actually, reading the stats, Wellington drivers are the best. :)

I beg to differ. Wgtn drivers are just as shit as everyone else. This is my commute on Wednesday

http://youtu.be/kA6kTLFAneE
catmannz

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 9/Nov/13 12:48pm

catmannz wrote:
CrustyMTB wrote:Actually, reading the stats, Wellington drivers are the best. :)

I beg to differ. Wgtn drivers are just as shit as everyone else. This is my commute on Wednesday

That's terrible. There are at least 6 drivers doing the wrong thing :crazy:
Hope that silver stationwagon driver :angry: gets fined and you're ok.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 9/Nov/13 12:52pm

Scotty wrote:

Agree, basically esp. re the quiet roads. If you're on it with them you're the problem :crazy:
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby catmannz on Sat 9/Nov/13 1:11pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
catmannz wrote:

I'm fine. It was a low speed incident. (fortunately)

But one thing I've noticed after living and cycling in several NZ cities is, motorists everywhere are a bit shit
catmannz

Postby CrashTestDummy on Sat 9/Nov/13 2:14pm

One of my pet peeves is motorists not turning their lights on in poor conditions - you'd think it cost them money to do so. Was up the top of the main road north out of Dunedin this morning, and could see about 50 metres but probably 80% didn't have their lights on.
CrashTestDummy
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Barbsarama on Sat 9/Nov/13 2:57pm

catmannz wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
catmannz wrote:

I'm fine. It was a low speed incident. (fortunately)

But one thing I've noticed after living and cycling in several NZ cities is, motorists everywhere are a bit shit

Did you make a complaint to the police? Mind you, theses days...
Barbsarama
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Dunedin | Lower South Island | Motoring | New Zealand | Otago | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts