Dump De Doh!

Postby denz on Mon 15/Nov/04 5:55pm

another one! yes another newbie. Love mountain biking, cant do any in hamilton, so yay, im buying another bike! im 15 :hmmm:

were would I ask advice of what to buy?
denz
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby jeremyb on Mon 15/Nov/04 5:56pm

Welcome denz, Vorb is the perfect place to ask for advice :)
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Man, Quick

Postby denz on Mon 15/Nov/04 6:14pm

thanks, yea I mean do I ask in "bikes" :paranoid: I dont want to b shunted on cause I dont have any bars filled up on my picture
denz

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Mon 15/Nov/04 6:17pm

Welcome to Vorb. :thumbsup:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Bigfoot on Mon 15/Nov/04 6:18pm

Welcome man! What kinda bike do you have now? What kinda riding do you enjoy? Might help on your quest for another bike :)
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby AarowNZ on Mon 15/Nov/04 6:26pm

Welcome dude! :)
AarowNZ
"What?"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

*groan*

Postby denz on Mon 15/Nov/04 6:34pm

I have a 2004 Hardrock sport (no disk) I've been up to woodhill once, LOVED IT! got the bug. But as I live in hamilton, and no car. I cant get anywere really. I like the bmx track aswell, but Im a big'ish guy, and still learning. 5'9 80kg Im a biking tighthead prop. I want a aggresive xc, fun on the bmx track, urban if I can learn. I want something that wont break, a Hardtail, second hand, around $1000 at the end of the year. I would upgrade my current but I need it for work and school. If I take anything better to school it'd get nicked. What kinda frame/ forks etc would I b looking at, at the end of the year I'll put on a request in the buysell, but what should I b looking at, I like the manic, P. bikes, LOve the acid. :thumbsup: sorry for the long post
denz

Postby keeweenz on Mon 15/Nov/04 6:39pm

You should be able to get something like a P. or a DBR Jump Comp/pro for around that price :)

Oh and welcome!
keeweenz
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby rota_boy on Mon 15/Nov/04 6:39pm

Yeah actually just on the topic of P.bikes . in my area we dont have a good enuff shop with those 'Good bikes' like the p.series of specialized in them. Can any1 give me the prices of them?
rota_boy
Member for: 14 years 11 months

H-town

Postby denz on Mon 15/Nov/04 6:43pm

R u another poor sole stuck in hamilton, cause there aint nothing happening about it. I got my bike from Cycology, good guys. Dont like bike barn, when I was buying a new bike I said to them I had $800 only, what can you get me, he insisted on me getting a scab? with no front shox. I said I couldnt afford it, he said to save up and come back when I could afford a "real" bike
denz

Postby rota_boy on Mon 15/Nov/04 6:47pm

wat an egg!
Na im from around Kapiti and the only real good bike shop is Pack 'n' Pedal and thats in Porirua! i i cant be stuffed going in there. so does anyone know what the prices of the P. series bikes are?
rota_boy

Postby thorg on Mon 15/Nov/04 7:36pm

Welcome denz, you'll find they people here very helpfull, and some even know what they are talking about. Dont worry about posting in the wrong place too much, if you are truely innocent the wranglers will just move it for you and 'guide' you as you learn your way around.

go to the riding 'riding groups' section (drop down yellow menu's, top left), I'm pretty sure that there is a Hamilton urban group in there some where. The Hamilton riders will make themselves known, and then you will be all set.

have fun, this place is addictive.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby pissface on Mon 15/Nov/04 7:43pm

rota_boy wrote: so does anyone know what the prices of the P. series bikes are?
maybe email Burkes (or use their web form http://www.burkescycles.co.nz/contactUs.asp ) or phone them, or On Yer Bike, and ask...
Last edited by pissface on Mon 15/Nov/04 7:48pm, edited 1 time in total.
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby rota_boy on Mon 15/Nov/04 7:46pm

Cheer bo! are the P. series bikes any good in the first place?
rota_boy

Postby denz on Mon 15/Nov/04 8:13pm

Thanks for that thorg.
denz

New User Introductions | Vorb - Latest Posts