Which would have a bigger impact?

Drive To Work Day
85%
Critical Mass
15%

Total voters : 13

Postby pissface on Fri 12/May/06 8:49am

I rode my bike to work, in the rain, and flew past all the cars backed up all the way.
(the only downside is
1: its a bit cold and a bit wet... but we have heating at work
2: pedestrians DONT LOOK when they are crossing a line of stationary cars :( :D but boy do they jump when I skid up to an inch from them)

so YES a drive to work day will completely get the point across! there are already far too many cars on the road, and a small change in commut epattens brought on by a bit of rain makes an enormous difference
pissface
"Boneshaker"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby radical_edward on Fri 12/May/06 11:11am

All the bad weather happened evening rush hour in Auckland. There was traffic backed up all the way across Grafton bridge and round past the hospital.

Because some idiot in a late model rover was at the front of the queue trying to restart it, but had forgotten that one of the most common problems with late model rovers is they do not start/cut out in the rain. He had obviously been trying to get the car started for 3 or 4 light phases but didn't want to get out and push because it was a bit wet outside :D
radical_edward
"Fast-casual."
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby Tugboat on Thu 18/May/06 4:09pm

pissface wrote: 2: pedestrians DONT LOOK when they are crossing a line of stationary cars :( :D but boy do they jump when I skid up to an inch from them)

It's great fun doing that to stupid pedestrians crossing Bunny St outside the railway station. There was an editorial in the Dom Post a week or so ago about the new kind of "road rage" that comes from "belligerant cyclists"... scaring and swearing at the poor innocent people crossing the road. Effing jaywalkers the lot of them, deserve to be given a fright every once in a while. :satan:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Sifting - Latest Posts