Don Gibbs Track Frame Information

Postby nacnud on Wed 18/May/11 12:41pm

Hi, I have an old Don Gibbs Columbus Max frame but I am having a hard time finding information on.

All of the Don Gibbs frames I have seen have normally been Columbus max or air tubing and with a wishbone style rear seat stay and beautifully built but none of them have had graphics on them. The only one I have seen with graphics on it was Anthony Brown (aka Brownie) who had Bosomworth graphics as I've heard he was was sponsored by him instead of Gibbs at the Commonwealth games in 1995..?

The frame has D.G.246 and S.WOODS (Steve Woods?) stamped on the bottom bracket if that rings any bells?

Anyway, just wondering if any one has some more info on Don, his frames and possibly the one I have now...

Cheers,

Duncan
nacnud
Member for: 4 years 8 months

Re: Don Gibbs Track Frame Information

Postby ultraslowrider on Wed 18/May/11 12:49pm

drool :thumbsup:

Your wheels seem to have switched from Shamals to Arayas?

Any-ways, no useful info for you, unless it's useful to know that there is someone out there lusting over your Bike Pr0n.
ultraslowrider
Member for: 4 years 1 month

Postby nacnud on Wed 18/May/11 12:56pm

Ha good spotting. The rear Shamal is new, the photos with the Araya are older ones.
nacnud

Postby ultraslowrider on Wed 18/May/11 1:05pm

Very very droolsome!
Is the first photo how it is set up now? I hope you bang that around the track and not on the streets? Way too nice for street fix duties.

Also, nitto bars and stem? Or are they Cinelli 2a plus pista's?
ultraslowrider
Member for: 4 years 1 month

Postby EoinC on Wed 18/May/11 1:12pm

I can't help with the graphics (the only others I've seen have been resprayed), but Don Gibbs obviously didn't have any intention of a sprinter being able to tear his frame apart.

That's a nice piece of work, Duncan.
EoinC
Member for: 3 years 11 months

Postby nacnud on Wed 18/May/11 1:24pm

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Columbus Max + the gussets sure stop that!

If anyone has images of his other frames I would love to see them. A friend has a yellow and silver Columbus Air one, while another friend owns Anthony Browns one which is a deep purple and Columbus Max.

@ ultraslowrider, the Bars are Nitto B123AA and Nitto Jaguar 90mm stem.
nacnud

Postby EoinC on Wed 18/May/11 1:53pm

EoinC
Member for: 3 years 11 months

Postby nacnud on Wed 18/May/11 3:26pm

Yeah, that's my buddies one.

Interesting how it has Bosomworth decals on it as they were sponsoring Browns at the time.
nacnud

Cycling | Track Cycling - Latest Posts