Re: Dnt '11 Foot In Mouth

Postby Datsane on Fri 22/Jul/11 5:35pm

I'd rather a dyno hub. Unless the generator power a auxiliary motor.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 9 years 11 months

Postby ryda on Fri 22/Jul/11 6:44pm

there's a technical issue with dyno hubs :paranoid:
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 8 years 2 months

Postby struggling on Sat 23/Jul/11 5:23pm

Datsane wrote:I am doing solo Russ.
I meant Team Velo as thats where I'm likely to be based.

thats right aye andrew your doing solo and shall i give another quote that i heard at a committee meeting " i (you) are going to be 1st hamilton club member home" and of course dont forget the 1st , 2nd or 3rd that your going to get, :) i will be down there yelling support
struggling
Member for: 4 years 5 months

Postby RussS on Sat 23/Jul/11 10:54pm

LMAO - geez drew .... you are REALLY screwed :sly:
RussS
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Postby Datsane on Sun 24/Jul/11 9:45pm

struggling wrote:
Datsane wrote:I am doing solo Russ.
I meant Team Velo as thats where I'm likely to be based.

thats right aye andrew your doing solo and shall i give another quote that i heard at a committee meeting " i (you) are going to be 1st hamilton club member home" and of course dont forget the 1st , 2nd or 3rd that your going to get, :) i will be down there yelling support

If you mean first home as in I'll do a lap then pack my stuff in the car and head back to where I live then Yes more than likely.
Or no other club members are riding solo.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby kneemick on Mon 25/Jul/11 5:59pm

Can I trouble you all for some advice - whats best for the course a hardtail or bouncy bike? Just found out I am gonna be part of a team for the 12 hr and not sure what bike to use
kneemick
"In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia"

Postby struggling on Mon 25/Jul/11 6:24pm

kneemick wrote:Can I trouble you all for some advice - whats best for the course a hardtail or bouncy bike? Just found out I am gonna be part of a team for the 12 hr and not sure what bike to use

whats best??? hard to say, i used to be hard to bugged off a as you put it bouncy bike with all the fruit but got rid of that for a 29er single speed hard tail. I have heard its a good fast track for hard tails .
struggling

Postby struggling on Mon 25/Jul/11 6:24pm

kneemick wrote:Can I trouble you all for some advice - whats best for the course a hardtail or bouncy bike? Just found out I am gonna be part of a team for the 12 hr and not sure what bike to use

whats best??? hard to say, i used to be hard to bugged off a as you put it bouncy bike with all the fruit but got rid of that for a 29er single speed hard tail. I have heard its a good fast track for hard tails .
struggling

Postby pushbikerider on Mon 25/Jul/11 6:33pm

I would have thought for a team that your 575 might be a bit big, the course isn't that rough, it tends to roll up and down and maybe 1/4 of the course is on grass

I will probably solo on the 5.Spot, just because its a 12 hour. I have solo'd 6 on the SS hardtail before and it was perfect
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby shmoodiver on Mon 25/Jul/11 6:38pm

crossbike ;)
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 6 years 7 months

Postby kneemick on Mon 25/Jul/11 6:57pm

struggling wrote:

I wold look silly on a 29er cause I am short and the wheels would just about be taller than me lol

shmoodiver wrote:crossbike ;)

Good idea but the Boss has said no to any new bikes this year (once the new kitchen is done this might change but it won't be done in time for the race) :(

pushbikerider wrote:

I would have thought for a team that your 575 might be a bit big, the course isn't that rough, it tends to roll up and down and maybe 1/4 of the course is on grass

I will probably solo on the 5.Spot, just because its a 12 hour. I have solo'd 6 on the SS hardtail before and it was perfect

Thanks PBR - hard tail it is
kneemick
"In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia"

Postby Datsane on Mon 25/Jul/11 10:27pm

I'm taking two :paranoid:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Datsane on Wed 24/Aug/11 5:36pm

Entry is in no backing out now :paranoid:
It should be interesting I've done now training at all so far :crazy:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 24/Aug/11 5:50pm

Datsane wrote:Entry is in no backing out now :paranoid:
It should be interesting I've done now training at all so far :crazy:

I did mine a couple of weeks back, it might be a long day in the office
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Datsane on Wed 24/Aug/11 9:08pm

I had mine ready to go three weeks ago. Only took a week and a half to get it into the post.

Long day is going to be an understatement.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Clubs | Hamilton MTB Club - Latest Posts