Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Fri 10/Oct/14 11:24am

99% of the time I have the utmost respect for the Police too....apart from last year I rang up a woman who I'd taken to the DT to get her to pay $ she owed me.

She sent the cops around to my place.

There I was alone working away when two huge cops turn up :hmmm:

Big maori guy, arm tats etc was really aggressive to me for no good reason :hmmm:
The other guy didn't say much but he didn't tell the first one to back off.

It was intimidation for no good reason and I should've reported them to their senior sargent :hmmm:
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby znomit on Fri 10/Oct/14 1:14pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:Big maori guy, arm tats etc was really aggressive to me for no good reason :hmmm:

It was intimidation for no good reason and I should've reported them to their senior sargent :hmmm:


Yeah, make a complaint about them sending a Maori with tats. :thumbsup:
znomit
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Fri 10/Oct/14 1:17pm

znomit wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:Big maori guy, arm tats etc was really aggressive to me for no good reason :hmmm:

It was intimidation for no good reason and I should've reported them to their senior sargent :hmmm:


Yeah, make a complaint about them sending a Maori with tats. :thumbsup:



You're so easy to BAIT :D
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 10/Oct/14 2:44pm

some might say that the fact that the thing is going through this process is evidence of one lor for all...... and the po lice not getting special treatment. Indeed, being held to a higher standard than your average punter.
Henry Dorset Case
User avatar
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 10/Oct/14 2:44pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:99% of the time I have the utmost respect for the Police too....apart from last year I rang up a woman who I'd taken to the DT to get her to pay $ she owed me.

She sent the cops around to my place.

There I was alone working away when two huge cops turn up :hmmm:

Big maori guy, arm tats etc was really aggressive to me for no good reason :hmmm:
The other guy didn't say much but he didn't tell the first one to back off.

It was intimidation for no good reason and I should've reported them to their senior sargent :hmmm:


Sergeant. But yes.

did you get paid in the end? if not why not?

I am old enough now that I can call most cops "Son" which is hilarious.
Henry Dorset Case
User avatar
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby Farm on Sat 11/Oct/14 8:27am

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/10604831/Police-officers-stole-drugs

More criminal behaviour with little consequence following what was probably a half hearted investigation.
Wasn't it also the Waikato district that falsified their crime statistics reporting?
Farm
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 11/Oct/14 8:40am

Henry Dorset Case wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:99% of the time I have the utmost respect for the Police too....apart from last year I rang up a woman who I'd taken to the DT to get her to pay $ she owed me.

She sent the cops around to my place.

There I was alone working away when two huge cops turn up :hmmm:

Big maori guy, arm tats etc was really aggressive to me for no good reason :hmmm:
The other guy didn't say much but he didn't tell the first one to back off.

It was intimidation for no good reason and I should've reported them to their senior sargent :hmmm:


Sergeant. But yes.

did you get paid in the end? if not why not?

I am old enough now that I can call most cops "Son" which is hilarious.



I knew I'd spelt it wrong :blush:
Yep some of them are looking like just big school boys now.
I did get paid - even though she swore she'd never pay me... :crazy:
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby Barbsarama on Sat 11/Oct/14 8:54am

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
It was intimidation for no good reason and I should've reported them to their senior sargent :hmmm:


Was it intimidation or were you just intimidated?

It must be difficult for them to adjust their style when 90% of punters are genuine crims and they get the odd call out to someone who isn't. Furthermore, how can they immediately tell the difference upon arrival at your house?
Barbsarama
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 11/Oct/14 9:30am

Barbsarama wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
It was intimidation for no good reason and I should've reported them to their senior sargent :hmmm:


Was it intimidation or were you just intimidated?

It must be difficult for them to adjust their style when 90% of punters are genuine crims and they get the odd call out to someone who isn't. Furthermore, how can they immediately tell the difference upon arrival at your house?




It was intimidation and I would've been intimidated apart from after years of working with youth offenders it takes a lot to get me personally fearful.

I presume they knew the background about her and why she owed me $ (a job I did for her that she wasn't paying me for so I took her to the DT) and could check my clean Police record before they went to my average house and saw me working.

I agree that it must be hard for some of them to "adjust their style when 90% of punters are genuine crims" but I've had a reasonable amount of dealings with the Police (friends, relation, customers, cycling incidents and working with young offenders) and they've almost always treated me politely and fairly :)
FLATULENTFRIEND
User avatar
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby Barbsarama on Sat 11/Oct/14 10:04am

So those guys have got the balance right (and know you).
There are good cyclists and bad cyclists, there are good drivers and bad drivers there are good cops and bad cops there are good shop assistants and bad shop assistants... People make mistakes, people aren't always having a good day, people are people. I'm not saying let them off, I am saying that people... Glass houses.... Humanity....
Barbsarama
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby Mickyfinn on Sat 11/Oct/14 8:07pm

spoken like a true liberal
Mickyfinn
Member for: 7 years 8 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby Oli on Sat 11/Oct/14 11:43pm

You say that like it's a bad thing!
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby happybaboon on Sat 11/Oct/14 11:56pm

In police states like New Zealand it is :(
happybaboon
User avatar
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby Oli on Sun 12/Oct/14 12:42am

THE LEFT WILL RISE AGAIN!!! :thumbsup:
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: A Different Law For The Police

Postby chuckie34 on Sun 12/Oct/14 7:55am

I can't say I'm surprised with the folks who jump on the 'bash the cops' wagon as soon as they put a foot out of line. I'd like to challenge those folks, to go spend a few days with those cops. Deal with what they deal with. On a daily basis. At the time in the moment, with their training, if they felt threatened they probably were. Hindsight is always perfect. Regardless of the few bad apples in any profession, I will always have the utmost respect for the cops, for doing a job I wouldn't want to do. 99.9% of them do an awesome job. :thumbsup:
chuckie34
User avatar
"I had an idea - - - - -"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Crime | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

54 Users browsing this website: AgrAde, DotBot, Google [Bot], Rik and 49 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7