Postby Bigfoot on Wed 9/Jan/08 7:04am

Dazzle wrote: Careful Bigfoot, if you wander over into mainland USA anyone in Seattle hunting license and a shotgun will gunning for you!?


Only if its self defense.

SO, Ive decided to mount an expedition to the Himalayas, who is in?
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 11/Jan/08 12:22am

Dazzle wrote: Funnily enough, was just watching a 50's movie about hunting for the Yeti, and this turned up online.......


http://www.archives.gov/historical-docs ... -date=1210

hurray for freedom of information, a real advisory from the US state department about the regulations for Yeti hunting in Nepal. :)

So, how exactly do you claim a self defence shooting of a Yeti? Go NYC styles, full him full of lead and plant a gun after the fact?


"He's pining"

"What?, no he isnt, he'd dead"

"He's pining for the snowfields of the Himalayas"

"Very emotional the Norwegian Blue Yeti"
Henry Dorset Case
User avatar
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 11/Jan/08 12:26am

I am trying to get into "I am Legend" but every time I go there the queue is out the door. The elitist snob in me is saying "don't want to go now" but the filthy prole is going "lets go with a bucket of chicken and a large diet coke". The prole will win.
Henry Dorset Case
User avatar
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Dazzle on Fri 11/Jan/08 12:34am

I have not seen it yet. But have seen the first two versions adapted from the book, so why the heck not see if a former black rapper can measure up to Chuck MAN OF GOD Heston and Vincent THRILLER Price.


Went and saw that Golden Compass malarky. Looked good, didnt make a whole lot of sense. They probably traumatized a whole generation of children with the fight scene. But they missed a good opportunity and white snow and white fur would have made the blood REALLY pop off the screen. Too much to ask for an unrated DVD down the line?
Dazzle
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby Grapefruit on Fri 11/Jan/08 7:06am

I cant see how they can marry up the usual Will Smith endings to films to the actual book, but we'll see.

Serenity + trademe = FTW !!! :-)
Grapefruit
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby jnumbaz on Fri 11/Jan/08 7:20am

Dazzle wrote: I have not seen it yet. But have seen the first two versions adapted from the book, so why the heck not see if a former black rapper can measure up to Chuck MAN OF GOD Heston and Vincent THRILLER Price.


Went and saw that Golden Compass malarky. Looked good, didnt make a whole lot of sense. They probably traumatized a whole generation of children with the fight scene. But they missed a good opportunity and white snow and white fur would have made the blood REALLY pop off the screen. Too much to ask for an unrated DVD down the line?


That actually was the best scene in the movie. I'm pretty sure the whole theater gave a collective gasp. And I agree, the story line did have some flow issues, but it has enticed me to get the book.
jnumbaz
User avatar
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby Grapefruit on Fri 11/Jan/08 7:26am

has Narnia sequal-tri-quad-ology been cancelled now after the lacklustre first film? or is it actually in production? the kids in that must be looking about 25 years old by now.....

Any news on the Hobbit as well, i've heard a rumour that peace has been made with Jackson, but could not find anywhere on the web in 'official' sites to back it up....
Grapefruit
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby Kyle on Fri 11/Jan/08 8:42am

Dazzle wrote:

Went and saw that Golden Compass malarky. Looked good, didnt make a whole lot of sense.


Probably to do with the amount of story they had to remove to appease the religious right.

Grapefruit wrote: has Narnia sequal-tri-quad-ology been cancelled now after the lacklustre first film? or is it actually in production? the kids in that must be looking about 25 years old by now.....


It's on the way. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499448/
Kyle
User avatar
"Rated R for pervasive extreme drug use and related bizarre behavior, strong language, and brief nudity"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby radical_edward on Fri 11/Jan/08 9:06am

Kyle wrote:
Grapefruit wrote: has Narnia sequal-tri-quad-ology been cancelled now after the lacklustre first film? or is it actually in production? the kids in that must be looking about 25 years old by now.....


It's on the way. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499448/


I can assure you that folks are very very busy working to get this out on time :sly:

The first film took 3/4 of a billion dollars, so there is at least one more film after Caspian on the way. After that, the kids don't actually feature in the other stories.
radical_edward
User avatar
"Fast-casual."
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby chalky on Sat 11/Oct/08 11:09am

Wee bit of a dredge, but I think this thread needs to be running again

To kick it off, I recomend that you never waste your time going to see "Doomsday" it was horribly shite, pretty much a rip off of 28 days later and Mad Max in one film with shit acting, main character was hot and there was plenty of gore shots but that was about it on the positive side
chalky
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 11/Oct/08 12:06pm

Why not just use the newer thread...
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby chalky on Sat 11/Oct/08 12:09pm

Bigfoot wrote: Why not just use the newer thread...


I searched and this is what it came up with, and seeing as it was last posted in this year I though it was the most recent one
chalky
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Bigfoot on Sat 11/Oct/08 12:15pm

Fairynuff - someone changed the name of it

http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopict-72699-.html
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby chalky on Sat 11/Oct/08 12:18pm

No wonder I couldnt find it with that name, cheers
chalky
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Movies | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

54 Users browsing this website: banga, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], ryda, slidecontrol, Velocipedestrian, Yahoo [Bot] and 41 guests

VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Butterfly Customs
  • GT Bicycles
  • Vorb Shop