Re: 10 Days To Nz Singlespeed Champs 2010 - Queenstown

Postby bigJIMMY on Wed 21/Apr/10 12:25pm

trancemaster doesn't ride tracks. he just moans about others not building tracks for him to ride. perfect, smooth, uncrowded, bermed, flowing, picturesque.... only for him....

sounds like a mint course. truely grueling in a way a ss race should be.
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby integral on Wed 21/Apr/10 8:02pm

VENUE UPDATE
we have an awesome venue at 7 Mile ready to go. We held a 7 hour race on a 5.2 km course there on 28 March and everyone was buzzing about the trails (between panting and gasping for air). At this stage we propose to run 4 laps of a longer course for the NZSSC starting and finishing at Wilson Bay. The course configuration will not be revealed until race day. You are free to ride 7 Mile the week prior to the race, but we ask that you don't ride there the morning of the race so that we can finalise set up. Please also observe any trail closures during the week - as we will be taping sections of the course and power brooming areas.

POWER BROOMING! Whats that about?
integral
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 21/Apr/10 8:10pm

yak71 wrote:Having never ridden there, will I survive on 33x20??
I really want to be able to complete the 4 laps so I get my share of beer.

Having ridden at 7 mile most recently in february when I had my 34/16 (at the time) "DJ bike" with me, I had a ball, and after work would do a couple of hours, ride up the main climb a couple of times and several laps of half the main climb, I wouldn't have wanted much smaller a gear

I presume that you 33/20 is on 29" wheels (ie just a bit bigger than 32/18 on 26"), if so I reckon you'll have a blast, the couple of locals that I saw on 26" SS's seemed to be about the 2:1 mark for gearing
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby fatnold on Wed 21/Apr/10 10:15pm

So we've arrived in Q'town (from across the ditch), have put the bikes together (snapped a FunnBolt but that's another story). Looking for somewhere to ride for tomorrow and Friday. Any suggestions?????
fatnold
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Trail on Wed 21/Apr/10 10:18pm

Fern Hill is a great ride, but it is pretty freakin steep to get up there on a SS.

Go ride 7 mile on your SS's and you will have a blast.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Nick_K on Fri 23/Apr/10 9:33am

Queenstown here I come. Car packed, check. Overgeared ss, check. Debut of 2010 bushloveracing team kit, check.

Should be winsome!
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby SeriousJ on Sun 25/Apr/10 5:06pm

Garth took the mens, Anja the womens.
Good day out enjoyed by all, except maybe Andy Reid - broken collarbone.
SeriousJ
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby gibbo on Mon 26/Apr/10 10:25pm

Cheers Queenstown!
Awesome town, brutal course, weather held out just long enough & a fantastic prize giving at the pig to top it off (even managed to score a prize or 2). Unfortunately didnt manage to complete my 5 laps but got my 2 beer stops in.
While checking the bikes in at the airport this afternoon, we even met a guy (baggage handler) who had done some of the track building at 7 mile - big ups to you mate! Awesome work.
I shall return.

Obelix.
gibbo
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby alchemist on Tue 27/Apr/10 11:15am

Thanks for the race (at least the couple of laps I got in before my frame snapped) and the beers guys, nice work. Some fun SSing around queenstown once you find your climbing legs.

If anyone is over in Aussie in September the Aussie Singlespeed Nats is at Majura Pines (Canberra) 10th - 12th September. More details as they come to hand out of the disorganising committee will be available on A.R.S.E. Book
alchemist
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Bay of Plenty | Cycling | Events | Lower South Island | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Otago | Queenstown | Regions | Rotorua - Latest Posts