Dawn 2 Dusk

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Wed 12/May/10 9:04pm

Dawn to Dusk (D2D) is a gravity assisted endurance event aimed at taking the pain and uphill out of endurance events.

You can enter here.http://rotorua.mtbclub.org.nz/eventsdetail.php?id=117

This event is a fund raiser for the Rotorua downhill development team and any profits made go towards the running and expenses of the team.

This year we have built onto the success of last year’s event and tweaked and twisted a few things to make it more enjoyable for riders.

The format will be the almost the same with each team having to complete a minimum of 2 runs on the Corners, Jumps and Downhill tracks + 1 run down Billy T (G Rock – Chestnut – Rollercoaster and the initial part of Chinese menu).

The event will be on a Saturday allowing riders to chill out or ride again on Sunday!

Registration will be available on Friday evening from 5.00pm till 9.00pm taking place at KIWI BIKES next to Zippy’s on Pukuatua Street.

Registration will also be available on the day at 0600hrs - Saturday 19th at the back gate till 0700 and from Race HQ then onwards.

TEAMS:

Entries allowed for solo, 2 person, 3, & 4 person teams – it’s all about fun.

The event is limited to 150 Team entries.
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Re: Dawn 2 Dusk

Postby GloryDH0 on Sat 29/May/10 10:00pm

Which gate is the 'back' gate?? Is that the one on that waipa mill bypass road?? The gate before you do the walk to the end of the dh and jump tracks?
GloryDH0
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sat 29/May/10 10:15pm

yes, the one where the shuttle bus goes into the forrest
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby GloryDH0 on Sat 29/May/10 10:30pm

cool, thanks. Cant wait. Gona be a mission getting my 2.7 tires into the racks though lol
GloryDH0

Postby robmoore on Mon 31/May/10 6:41pm

Hey. The info page on the club website doesnt give alot of details. Can you please tell me the costs to enter. How does it all work, ie, how is the winner worked out? Also is there a single speed section and is there a section if you do it all but dont use the bus all day? That could be the un-gravity assisted catergory. It sounds like a fun day
robmoore
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby GloryDH0 on Mon 31/May/10 7:07pm

For a solo rider - $69.50
Team of 2 - $84.87
Team of 3-4 - $105.37
Winner is based upon who has completed the most runs. As far as I know there are no categories. Free for all. Correct me if i'm wrong :D
GloryDH0

Postby rosie4 on Tue 1/Jun/10 9:10pm

robmoore wrote:Hey. The info page on the club website doesn't give a lot of details. Can you please tell me the costs to enter. How does it all work, ie, how is the winner worked out? Also is there a single speed section and is there a section if you do it all but don't use the bus all day? That could be the un-gravity assisted category. It sounds like a fun day

robmoore, Did you get the info you were after from the GloryDHO post. Follow this link to enter. https://www.dazzletickets.co.nz/tickets/rotoruamtbclub/index.php?id=2 Riding up the road and completing all the tracks sounds like a cross country endurance race that would be better left for another day and a different bunch of riders. If you want to run an event like that I'm sure we could help you out.
Whats your choice. Solo or a team.
rosie4
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Postby yakuza on Wed 2/Jun/10 6:41pm

Are we going to be able to take a vehicle into the finish area or do we have to bike in with our gear?
yakuza
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby GloryDH0 on Wed 2/Jun/10 8:08pm

Is there going to be a place where we can leave our gear when we are riding?? If we can't/aren't taking vehicles in?
GloryDH0

Postby rosie4 on Thu 3/Jun/10 6:23am

yakuza wrote:Are we going to be able to take a vehicle into the finish area or do we have to bike in with our gear?

This year each team will be able to take one car into the forest.
rosie4

Postby GloryDH0 on Thu 3/Jun/10 7:18pm

my parents are gonna drop us off there then go into town for a while and come back with our lunch etc at around mid-day, will they be able to drive in or are you only allowed to bring your car in and leave it in there?
GloryDH0

Postby rosie4 on Fri 4/Jun/10 6:56am

Correct, 1 car entry into the forest per team. There will be no coming and going of vehicles. We have managed this concession to vehicle access due to the very wet weather we have had over the last few weeks.
rosie4

Postby whitespyblackspy on Tue 8/Jun/10 9:26pm

Anyone know how to get in contact with the organisers/ people handling online regos?

Chur
whitespyblackspy
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby rosie4 on Wed 9/Jun/10 6:53am

Text or call me on 027 2935520.
rosie4

Postby VERT on Tue 15/Jun/10 1:38pm

Just looking for a few details. What time does the race start? Is this a 10 or 12 hour race, where is race hq? And where does the race start from?

Or are we yet to be email put these details?
VERT
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Bay of Plenty | Clubs | Events | Featured Events | Middle North Island | New Zealand | Regions | Rotorua | Rotorua MTB Club - Latest Posts