Re: Dawn 2 Dusk: Entry Now Open It's A Gravity Endurance Event.

Postby wachtourak on Fri 26/Jun/09 6:17am

Whatta strops
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby RidesBikes on Mon 29/Jun/09 10:20am

I was sitting in the Caravan In between my runs ,all these people complianing about the timers not paying attention,you guys where going through to fast, there where also people going through with like 1 min 30 second runs!!
RidesBikes
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby xcmtb on Mon 29/Jun/09 12:05pm

So you were distracting them?
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby Vee on Mon 29/Jun/09 6:27pm

Perhaps a better lap system for the next race could be that instead of being inside a caravan, have someone sitting underneath a gazebo and get the rider to call out their number as they cycle past? :)
Vee
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby wachtourak on Mon 29/Jun/09 6:42pm

Maybe they should use transponders next time.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Vee on Mon 29/Jun/09 6:44pm

wachtourak wrote:Maybe they should use transponders next time.

Yeah but it's only a club event. Probably the first event of sorts for Rotorua perhaps...
Vee
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby rackerrack on Mon 29/Jun/09 6:49pm

There was no point in going hard out past the caravan anyway,we just cruised past all day and all 17 laps got recorded.
rackerrack
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby skeletor on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:27pm

rackerrack wrote:There was no point in going hard out past the caravan anyway,we just cruised past all day and all 17 laps got recorded.

We were hardly in a rush bro :lol:
skeletor
"can has your sister?"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby SlackBoy on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:31pm

skeletor wrote:
rackerrack wrote:There was no point in going hard out past the caravan anyway,we just cruised past all day and all 17 laps got recorded.

if you were going at the same pace you normally do, they prolly thought you were standing still
SlackBoy
Member for: 16 years 6 months

Postby skeletor on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:39pm

SlackBoy wrote:
skeletor wrote:

if you were going at the same pace you normally do, they prolly thought you were standing still

My point exactly :)
skeletor
"can has your sister?"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:51pm

skeletor wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:
skeletor wrote:

My point exactly :)

You mean Nick was actually moving?!?! :O

:D

I did pass him a few times when I was riding, I didn't realize he was still on the same lap :paranoid:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby RidesBikes on Thu 13/Aug/09 5:00pm

In Reply to Xcmtb's Cmnt Above of me Distracting the timers,

I was not i was mearly sitting there,I dont think any of the people who were/are complaining about the timers, typing number all day or getting up the mountain when it was still dark and freezing cold to set things up.Cut them some slack. I seem to recall the distractions came from all the complainers. Mainly people complaining about the broken trailors and how they wanted free passes and runs added on! Adults complianing over not getting there run where as we pushed up from where the trailor broke!
RidesBikes
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby DHDave on Fri 14/Aug/09 9:13am

From the organisers:

Thank you all for your comments - these will be taken on board when planning our next event.

This is the first time we have run a relay type event and as such it was/is a learning curve for us.

Some things were out of our control (trailers) however the problems were rectified a.s.a.p. with other trailers being hired during the event - i dont expect people to notice the internal workings of the event as you are all having fun and going hard out. However if there are problems and you want something to be done about it - come and see one of us and let us know.

The timing issue was the biggest learning curve. We had a few problems with unidentified riders burning through and others who were doing laps around the caravan ! (which was rectified at the time).

Overall - there will be changes for next time which hopefully will make it a better event for everyone.

Watch out - there may be a 16hour endurance trail event some time in summer - tune into the Rotorua MTB website for details (yet to be released).

Cheers

the organisers.
DHDave
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Bay of Plenty | Clubs | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Events | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Rotorua | Rotorua MTB Club - Latest Posts