Re: 20 Cyclists Hit - Hamilton

Postby znomit on Fri 5/Jul/13 8:36pm

brian245 wrote:Don't hold your breath thinking the courts will do anything about this

They'll do something
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10712476
znomit
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby nagem on Fri 5/Jul/13 9:16pm

This comment is a heart breaker:
"I just want to stop when I pass cyclists and say: Don't do it, it's not worth the risk."
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby RussS on Sat 6/Jul/13 12:21am

My dad had a great idea - if the judges were not going to hand down appropriate sentences in cases like this then the judge should serve the appropriate time. Seriously, anyone who kills a cyclist or pedestrian due to breaking the traffic laws or through plain carelessness should never, EVER be allowed to drive again. FFS - a drivers licence is a privilege and not a right. Same shit with recidivist drunk drivers.
RussS
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 6/Jul/13 7:31am

RussS wrote:My dad had a great idea - if the judges were not going to hand down appropriate sentences in cases like this then the judge should serve the appropriate time. Seriously, anyone who kills a cyclist or pedestrian due to breaking the traffic laws or through plain carelessness should never, EVER be allowed to drive again. FFS - a drivers licence is a privilege and not a right. Same shit with recidivist drunk drivers.

The issue isn't the judiciary. They can only hand down what the statute allows and taking the factors set out in the sentencing act. You want those changed? Talk to your mp because that's parliaments area.
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby piwakawaka on Sat 6/Jul/13 8:08am

This is what gets me, the road didn't kill this guy, the motorist did.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/8885754 ... ckies-warn
piwakawaka
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby nagem on Sat 6/Jul/13 8:10am

I get their point. It would be nice to have enough room inside the solid white line to ride two abreast. It makes sense.
nagem

Postby nagem on Sat 6/Jul/13 8:11am

But yeah... the guy is a dick for saying there are just some roads where cyclists shouldn't go. He needs to get an education.
nagem

Postby wachtourak on Sat 6/Jul/13 8:35am

Stink. I generally find truck drivers the best around cyclists, I guess there are dickheads everywhere
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 17 years 9 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Sat 6/Jul/13 8:41am

piwakawaka wrote:This is what gets me, the road didn't kill this guy, the motorist did.

Change the road! Ban the cyclists! Just don't ask me to change the way they drive, because I have no control over that. :cry:
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby dwgknz on Sat 6/Jul/13 8:54am

I'm most impressed how he won't admit that truckies kill cyclists, "I'm not saying it is all the cyclists' fault. There are some ignorant buggers driving cars too", while talking about a truck hitting a cyclist and a truck driver driving into a bunch of cyclists.
dwgknz
Member for: 7 years 6 months

Postby Mickyfinn on Sat 6/Jul/13 4:24pm

piwakawaka wrote:This is what gets me, the road didn't kill this guy, the motorist did.

I think we sould all email Mr Gary masters and tell him what we think.... what does he know... hes your typical red face bloater that can't see past his bonnet
Mickyfinn
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Kelvin69 on Sat 6/Jul/13 5:28pm

So far we have had the police blame the cyclists; the Automobile association blame the cyclists, and now the Trucker's organisation blame the cyclist. So they all think it is conceivably possible to fit a car which was 1.9 metres wide travelling at 100kph, plus a cyclist at 1 metre wide, in a gap which was 2.8 metres wide, as long as the cyclist does what exactly?
Kelvin69
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby slidecontrol on Sat 6/Jul/13 5:51pm

time to arm the cyclist! :hmmm:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby happybaboon on Sat 6/Jul/13 6:00pm

Kelvin69 wrote:So far we have had the police blame the cyclists; the Automobile association blame the cyclists, and now the Trucker's organisation blame the cyclist. So they all think it is conceivably possible to fit a car which was 1.9 metres wide travelling at 100kph, plus a cyclist at 1 metre wide, in a gap which was 2.8 metres wide, as long as the cyclist does what exactly?

Dies.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 7 months

Postby znomit on Sat 6/Jul/13 6:15pm

umog wrote:...these drivers are baboons.

Harsh.
znomit
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Hamilton | New Zealand | Regions | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts