Re: Cyclist Not Permitted To Ride At Base Shopping Centre

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Wed 31/Aug/11 8:37pm

nagem wrote:
great uncle bulgaria wrote:
Oli wrote:
MaxCoyle wrote:Hi Vorb Forums, have come to respond to all previous comments personally as I'm sure you would appreciate it
*Max prepares for barrage of more questions, insults, arguments and possibly even some positive comments*

imagine vorb users having the temerity to question or argue with someone so important
insult - never :butbut:

this is teh interweb

if you can't stand the heat don't enter the kitchen
Calm down, GUB. He did enter the kitchen, and with a perfectly reasonable version of events, whatever your personal views on said version.

I was referring to the "prepares for a barrage . . .blah blah".

both in the video and here he comes across as fairly self important.

unfortunately breaking rules about riding on footpaths and then whining about the attitude of those who tell you not to just comes across as teenager type petulance "I have my rights . . . ." :sleeping:
(and i have yet to hear any denial that they were doing such)

I don't think he does the cause of enabling, encouraging, facilitating cycling any good.

probably better to have dismounted the bike
and gone and discussed the issue with the management like grown ups :thumbsup:

*stares*

I think at this point is has been ascertained that riding on the footpath wasn't happening.

i missed that - do enlighten me?
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 8 years 11 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 31/Aug/11 8:52pm

nagem wrote:
Oli wrote:
MaxCoyle wrote:Hi Vorb Forums, have come to respond to all previous comments personally as I'm sure you would appreciate it
*Max prepares for barrage of more questions, insults, arguments and possibly even some positive comments*

imagine vorb users having the temerity to question or argue with someone so important

this is teh interweb

Calm down, GUB. He did enter the kitchen, and with a perfectly reasonable version of events, whatever your personal views on said version.

unfortunately breaking rules about riding on footpaths and then whining about the attitude of those who tell you not to just comes across as teenager type petulance "I have my rights . . . ." :sleeping:

I don't think he does the cause of enabling, encouraging, facilitating cycling any good.

*stares*

I think at this point is has been ascertained that riding on the footpath wasn't happening.

"We parked our bikes in front of Rebel Sport and after we'd grabbed said shoes and some drinks for the thirsty crew we jumped on the bikes and cycled (using the road/carpark as that's all there is) over to the other side of the mall and stopped our bikes in front of ToysRUs to wait for a friend."

"cycled (using the road/carpark as that's all there is) over to the other side of the mall and stopped our bikes in front of..."

I hope that claifies it :)
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Wed 31/Aug/11 8:53pm

Oli wrote:He was saying that even though he was expecting to get flamed he wanted to put across his POV, hence he was "entering the kitchen" even though he knew it would be hot. You can argue with his version of events all you want, but to tell him "if you can't stand the heat don't enter the kitchen" misses the point. :eh:

Anyway, he was right to "prepare for a barrage" as that's exactly what he's got, isn't it? That's not being self important or petulant in my book, just realistic - this is Vorb, after all. :D

seemd like a preparatory whinge to me :D

If the petulance wasn't apparent in the video maybe I wouldn't have interpreted the post the same way.

Curious things impressions aren't they.

My opinion is formed on the information I have seen about the guy from this forum. That's how he comes across to me.

However I fully support your democratic right as a citizen of this country to have a different opinion from me

meh

its not worth arguing about, i guess impressions are personal things.
great uncle bulgaria

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Wed 31/Aug/11 9:02pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
nagem wrote:
Oli wrote:

this is teh interweb

*stares*

"We parked our bikes in front of Rebel Sport and after we'd grabbed said shoes and some drinks for the thirsty crew we jumped on the bikes and cycled (using the road/carpark as that's all there is) over to the other side of the mall and stopped our bikes in front of ToysRUs to wait for a friend."

"cycled (using the road/carpark as that's all there is) over to the other side of the mall and stopped our bikes in front of..."

I hope that claifies it :)

I will however argue the apparent facts:

He said Mr Coyle and his friends were riding on the footpath and filming - both not permitted at The Base - and the minute-long clip was an incomplete sequence of events.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10748307

In the absence of a statement to the effect of "we never rode our bikes on the footpath" from Max, which I have not yet seen, I can only conclude that, in fact, nothing has been clarified :hmmm:

currently I'm erring on the side of thinking he was riding on the footpath (on all the evidence available to me)

and in the presence of such a statement, should it be forthcoming, who am i to believe?.

maybe Max can help us. :thumbsup:
great uncle bulgaria

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Wed 31/Aug/11 9:26pm

Yes, who to believe :exclaim:
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby Nathan007 on Wed 31/Aug/11 9:46pm

Also a bit dodgy a bunch of guys in tights hanging around a toy shop....
Nathan007
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Cycling | Hamilton | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts