Re: Cyclist Dead In Mount Maunganui

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 10/Jun/09 9:22pm

facepalm
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby pushbikerider on Wed 10/Jun/09 9:23pm

footprints wrote:PHUNK wrote; One notices its name is appropriate "foot-in-mouth" aahahahahaha

hmmmm phunk = presently hung up numskull kook. aaahahahahahaha :-)

Please, just stop posting now
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby Wobbler on Wed 10/Jun/09 9:32pm

this thread has turned maing
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby phunk on Wed 10/Jun/09 9:43pm

Man, I got told :(
phunk
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Butch on Wed 10/Jun/09 9:47pm

wachtourak wrote:I've seen a cyclist kill another cyclist

If numptys keep taunting meeshall you might see it again! :D
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby nostromo on Wed 10/Jun/09 9:55pm

I have in fact (for real loik) seen a cyclist prang head-on into another, blood and gore and broken CF everywhere!
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby scatter on Thu 11/Jun/09 8:19am

Butch wrote:

Meh. Can't be arsed with numptys. However, this one can refer to me as Dr scatter (brains) from now on :sneaky:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby sweet_P on Thu 11/Jun/09 8:39am

scatter wrote:
Butch wrote:

Meh. Can't be arsed with numptys. However, this one can refer to me as Dr scatter (brains) from now on :sneaky:

Damn right!! :D
sweet_P
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 11/Jun/09 4:03pm

musket wrote:Easy Tiger.

I've found truckies to generally be some of the best drivers on the road. The cyclist who was killed near there recently had been cautioned twice in New Zealand and previously in Aussie for erratice rider and fined for riding without a helmet. While I'm not saying it was his fault, let's not jump to conclusions.

Every death is a tragedy, but going and attacking truckies en masse is dumb. Scatter's point is valid.

I concurr. I have had many bad, but also a number of good experiences with truckies (bearing in mind there would be a few more instances where you don't notice a truckie going out of his way for you). All drivers are individuals and I wouldn't lump them together with the evil few. Just like I don't want them to associate me with the few deathwish cycle idiots.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Conners on Thu 11/Jun/09 4:50pm

I also concur. I know a few truckies, and rate them as the most conservative and pro-active drivers that I know. Sure there are some shockers out there, but there are just as many shockers driving cars AND riding bikes.

I for one take my hat off to truck drivers, having motorists cut my lunch is bad enough in a car (or on a bike), but at least I have some chance of stopping. Pointing the finger at the bigger road user is out of line - bear in mind that we are all human, and we all fuck things up. I'm not trying to void the responsibility of driving with this statement either. Or saying that fucking things up is ok. But I know that prettty much everyone has had an "oh fuck" moment in their driving career - where if there had been someone is the wrong place at the wrong time a near miss would have been a lot worse.
Conners
User avatarMedal
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby forgetmeknot on Sat 13/Jun/09 9:44pm

To all of you that have commented on truck drivers like its always there fault I hope you are never in the situation where you are faced with someone being killed by an accident where you are involved.

Sadly the cyclist was killed but given the fact that he hit the rear of the truck how on earth can you blame the truck driver - if someone runs up your rear is it your fault NO.

The driver of that truck also has to deal with a form of grief along with his family & he never asked for a cyclist to hit his truck & die - SO ALL YOU ARROGANT PEOPLE DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS WHEN YOU WERE NOT THERE AND DON'T HAVE THE ANSWERS

It was a freak accident that has affected many people & my thoughts go out to the cyclist family but more to the truck driver who thru no fault of his own has the memory for life.

Word of advise - think before you speak.
forgetmeknot
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby tripler on Sat 13/Jun/09 11:54pm

respect to you bro
tripler
"I AM pushing but it won't go in,pass the grease"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Bay of Plenty | Cycle Commuting | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mount Maunganui | New Zealand | News | Regions | Road Cycling - Latest Posts