Cyclic Saga Now Being Held In November

Postby Trail on Tue 15/Sep/09 12:18pm

http://www.cyclicsaga.co.nz/

Looks like they are making some changes! From their email.

Just a quick note to let you know that the dates have changed from March to November 28th and 29th 2009 (as in this year again!). The event will run in November every year from this year on.
Reasons for the change,
way too congested cycling /sports events calendar in March,
Weddings,
Fire Hazards in Canterbury.
Plus the simple fact, we also like to do other events ourselves, so a wee bit of selfishness.
Also new as well is 'The Son of Saga' to run at the same time but with half days. Great for those who haven't quite got the milage under their belts or just want to take some younger ones out and give them a taste of a Saga.
Hopefully the timing of our events will set you up nicely for some other shorter/longer events in Feb/Mar/Apr 2010.A good milestone before those Xmas parties.
From now on we are no longer confined to Canterbury, but all around it as well! ( Way to many tasty areas not to be utilised)

New website is now posted and entries are open.
http://www.cyclicsaga.co.nz
Don't worry we won't spam you.

Cheers
Rob at the Cyclicsaga
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Re: Cyclic Saga Now Being Held In November

Postby Iseneye on Tue 15/Sep/09 12:38pm

That's the same weekend as the Moa Hunt and a couple of weeks after the Molesworth Muster. Not to be picky but if a race is going to be rescheduled to avoid the busy racing season in Feb / March then maybe it shouldn't be on the same day as the Moa.

My 2 cents.
Iseneye
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Tue 15/Sep/09 1:49pm

Who's getting married then??? :sly:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby Trail on Tue 15/Sep/09 1:52pm

Oli wrote:Who's getting married then??? :sly:

I think they are probably suggesting weddings in general... I would guess there are a lot more weddings in march than in nov??
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby Oli on Tue 15/Sep/09 1:56pm

Hmmmm... :exclaim:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby mondo on Fri 23/Oct/09 10:23am

Never easy to pick a date that doesn't clash with some other event. Personally I don't think that there will be too much cross over with people who choose or are attracted to do either the Saga or Moa. Ditto for Heaphy 5-0. I've done Moa and Saga and as Saga is in Marlborough this year I'm entering it - too good an opportubity not to. Who knows next year. All the best for Rob/Jo to try another time of year. Now I better get on with some training to lessen the suffering that I am going to experience. :o
mondo
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby hinds biker on Fri 23/Oct/09 1:17pm

Besides the Moa there is a MTB event at Longbeach just outside of Ashburton on the 29th November 2009, whilst this caters for a different class of rider ( 35K and 23k Event ) I think the conjestion is now through the entire season.
With so many events now on it would be great if they coulld be graded 1-10 or something like that to give potential riders some idea what they are entering ( just a thought )
hinds biker
Member for: 8 years 6 months

Postby sifter on Fri 23/Oct/09 1:21pm

I would have been there this year apart from my (and Simon's) prior commitment at Taupo.

Maybe next year...
sifter
Member for: 14 years 0 months

Postby XCguy on Fri 23/Oct/09 4:24pm

hinds biker wrote:With so many events now on it would be great if they coulld be graded 1-10 or something like that to give potential riders some idea what they are entering ( just a thought )

I started to do that a few years back. Was grading them all on length, technical nature, amount of climbing and type of trail. Pretty tricky though as I didn't know lots of the courses and event websites often don't have that sort of info. So in the end I gave up.
XCguy
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Cycling | Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Orienteering | Regions - Latest Posts