Cycle Trails: Waikato And Rotorua

Postby mjc on Fri 7/Oct/11 3:13pm

Anyone ridden any of the Waikato River Trail or the Rotorua 'Pathway of Fire' (both part of the NZ Cycle Trail Project)?? If so I'd be keen for your thoughts/opinions....
mjc
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Re: Cycle Trails: Waikato And Rotorua

Postby brownbs on Sat 8/Oct/11 6:45am

Here is a link to the Ofical Trail site. It gives heaps of info on the status of the trails. http://www.nzcycletrail.com/

As we live at Reporoa and drive to Rotorua once a week we are keeping a close eye on the developments on the Geo Trail. Non of the off road sections are complted yet. But the on road sections are all there of course, hence the 88% completed status.

The Waikato River trail is mostly ready to go, the Offical opening of the whole thing is on the 5th November. From what we've ridden it is a mix of very easy grade 1 grade 2 sections and grade 3 in other sections because of the amount of climbing or how technical it is. It is going to be a awesome ride when completed.
brownbs
Member for: 7 years 7 months

Postby mjc on Wed 12/Oct/11 1:53pm

charliebrown wrote:My friends rode the Waikato river and they said it is fantastic.

Did the stay overnight anywhere, or ride out and back?
mjc
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby scatter on Wed 12/Oct/11 2:48pm

Lol. Stupid spammer. Dave Mitchell just had an article published about the river trails...can't remember if it was in NZMTBR or Wilderness mag though
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby yak71 on Fri 27/Apr/12 9:51am

mjc wrote:Anyone ridden any of the Waikato River Trail or the Rotorua 'Pathway of Fire' (both part of the NZ Cycle Trail Project)?? If so I'd be keen for your thoughts/opinions....

I'm keen to hear anyone's opinion on these two too. Planning a mission to Rorotua later in the year and wondering if I should do one of these as well.
Anyone?
yak71
"yeah definitely"
Member for: 8 years 10 months

Bay of Plenty | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Rotorua | Taupo | Taupo Region | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts