Re: Cycle Surgery Singletrack Fiesta, Christchurch

Postby Trail on Thu 29/Apr/10 11:05am

danose wrote:
unless I can get over tomorrow to practice the course on suse's Mary I'm going to be flying blind - hopefully 33:17 (on 29" wheels - so 55" - same as 32:15 on 26" wheels) works, otherwise I'm gonna be walking the 4wd :(

34:18 is quite doable, but reasonably tall on 26" wheels. The course is almost totally climbing or descending... so there is not many places you will spin out if you do gear the bike down.
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby danose on Thu 29/Apr/10 11:10am

Trail wrote:34:18 is quite doable, but reasonably tall on 26" wheels. The course is almost totally climbing or descending... so there is not many places you will spin out if you do gear the bike down.

gearing down's not an option (charge 1/2 link chain - so no quick way to lengthen it - plus gave my only spare big SS cog to craig) - guess I'll just have to suffer (or walk)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby XCguy on Thu 29/Apr/10 12:50pm

danose wrote:...plus gave my only spare big SS cog to craig) - guess I'll just have to suffer (or walk)

Which he is using on Saturday :thumbsup:

You're a champion JD.

Oh, and enjoy the walking :sly:

If you want it back I am happy to bang the 18 on as I was just being lazy with the 20.
XCguy
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby crazychris on Thu 29/Apr/10 12:54pm

XCguy wrote:
danose wrote:...plus gave my only spare big SS cog to craig) - guess I'll just have to suffer (or walk)

Which he is using on Saturday :thumbsup:

You're a champion JD.

Oh, and enjoy the walking :sly:

If you want it back I am happy to bang the 18 on as I was just being lazy with the 20.

I want the 20!! 24:20 will be almost perfect for me :)
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Butch on Thu 29/Apr/10 1:16pm

I did 2 laps out there today on my 32:16 which I am too lazy to change. I didn't quite give myself a coronary. Walking the 4wd track may have been the quicker option however.
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby danose on Thu 29/Apr/10 1:28pm

Butch wrote:I did 2 laps out there today on my 32:16 which I am too lazy to change. I didn't quite give myself a coronary. Walking the 4wd track may have been the quicker option however.

I don't know whether to have hope ("if butch can get around there in 32:16 I'll be fine in 32:15") or worried (I'm about to find out you're now fitter than me) :blush:

at least I've got some silly-light tyres to chuck on if it stays dry (flipside is if it's not dry I might have to put on the nevegals and they weigh a tonne)
danose

Postby Trail on Thu 29/Apr/10 1:30pm

butch has probably spent a fair bit more time on a SS recently. Even if his aerobic fit is not as good as yours, his SS fit is probably better :satan:
Trail

Postby Butch on Thu 29/Apr/10 1:37pm

Trail wrote:butch has probably spent a fat bit more time on a SS recently. Even if his aerobic fat is not as good as yours, his SS fat is probably better :satan:

:huh:
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 13 years 2 months

Postby danose on Thu 29/Apr/10 1:48pm

Trail wrote:butch has probably spent a fair bit more time on a SS recently. Even if his aerobic fit is not as good as yours, his SS fit is probably better :satan:

I suspect you're right - my entire hill training on the SS was one lap of short bays!!! :D
danose

Postby Trail on Thu 29/Apr/10 2:08pm

Butch wrote:
Trail wrote:butch has probably spent a fat bit more time on a SS recently. Even if his aerobic fat is not as good as yours, his SS fat is probably better :satan:

There there el butchio, you only look fat if we put you beside stick insects like Danose :lol: At least you can still handle something stronger than Amstel light :lol:
Trail

Postby crazychris on Thu 29/Apr/10 2:10pm

Trail wrote:
Butch wrote:

There there el butchio, you only look fat if we put you beside stick insects like Danose :lol: At least you can still handle something stronger than Amstel light :lol:

There should be a Clydesdale class :) Mind you, it'd probably just have me in it :(
crazychris

Postby danose on Thu 29/Apr/10 2:16pm

Trail wrote:At least you can still handle something stronger than Amstel light :lol:

I get hangovers off Amstel Light - make mine an Amstel Light shandy! :D
danose

Postby crazychris on Thu 29/Apr/10 3:45pm

danose wrote:
Trail wrote:At least you can still handle something stronger than Amstel light :lol:

I get hangovers off Amstel Light - make mine an Amstel Light shandy! :D

made with diet lemonade
crazychris

Postby XCguy on Thu 29/Apr/10 4:01pm

Amigoes, a wee reminder that there is now only 5 hours to go before entries close :o

Clicky clicky... http://www.singletrack.org.nz/events/singletrack-fiesta/
XCguy
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 29/Apr/10 5:42pm

danose wrote:I'm more disappointed with ChrisD, Nic and Kris for slacking off in the 'cruisey race' :satan: shame on you! :p

Hey I'm only going to be an ontrack roadblock heckler and chasing people down Zane's

:paranoid:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Events | Kids Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Port Hills | Regions - Latest Posts