Customising Vorb

Postby Tama on Wed 13/May/09 2:44pm

We've just made a code update which allows basic customisation of Vorb. The customisations will be expanded but we're sticking with incremental steps as this effects a lot of the core programming.

You can now customise what posts appear in "Latest Posts" and Mini Vorb. This is done be either Favouriting (Image) or Blocking (Image) channels. Blocking channels will slow things down so it's best to concentrate on Favouriting Channels.

To Favourite or Block a channel simply visit the channel using the navigation on the left, or via the link strip under the page title. Next to the channel name you will still the two icons: Image Image - clicking on these icons will start building your customised channel.

We've removed the Drop down box which was just under Advanced Options as it was causing problems with Internet Explorer. An alternative system will be investigated.

Tip: For those of you wanting to dip into All the Latest Posts you can still easily get there by clicking "All" on the navigation trail just below the "News" button on the main top menu.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Re: Customising Vorb

Postby xcmtb on Wed 13/May/09 2:47pm

Found it!!! Thread dissappeared when I tried to read it last.
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby crazychris on Wed 13/May/09 2:50pm

If I could, I'd stamp a Image on Tama! It's what I've been waiting for for ages!
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby Tama on Wed 13/May/09 4:03pm

I've just fixed up Mini Vorb so it should work properly with the custom channels - you'll need to reload it again by clicking on the Mini Vorb button top right :)
Tama

Postby Spyder on Wed 13/May/09 4:27pm

Where has the "All Posts" button gone from the bottom right of each page (near the Page x of y)??
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby Tama on Wed 13/May/09 4:30pm

Spyder wrote:Where has the "All Posts" button gone from the bottom right of each page (near the Page x of y)??

It's been replaced by a "Jump to Posts" box with "Latest Posts" as the first option. We're taking a look at the whole drop down "Jump to..." box thing and trying to work out if there's a better way :)
Tama

Postby Spyder on Wed 13/May/09 4:40pm

But that's 2 clicks instead of one, and it took me to the Snow page (from this thread).
Spyder
"A little inaccuracy sometimes saves a ton of explanation."
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby Tama on Wed 13/May/09 4:43pm

Spyder wrote:But that's 2 clicks instead of one, and it took me to the Snow page (from this thread).

I've added the old link back for the time being. At the moment it will take you to whatever your Favourites are - or if you don't have any Favourites it will show all the posts.
Tama

Postby Tinkerbell on Wed 13/May/09 4:45pm

Tama wrote:
Spyder wrote:But that's 2 clicks instead of one, and it took me to the Snow page (from this thread).

I've added the old link back for the time being. At the moment it will take you to whatever your Favourites are - or if you don't have any Favourites it will show all the posts.

:love: :thumbsup:
Tinkerbell
"I am smiling"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby Tama on Thu 14/May/09 8:19am

Ham and I will be working on a bunch of cosmetic tweaks and some browser compatibility stuff today. Hopefully we'll have the beloved drop down dancing prettily by the end of the day (or something in it's place which is more functional) :)
Tama

Postby Tinkerbell on Wed 15/Jul/09 2:42pm

Bump for the haters ;)
Tinkerbell
"I am smiling"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby SamKnight on Thu 13/Aug/09 7:01pm

is it just me or when you hover over cycling etc the menu has dissappeared?
SamKnight
"Meh"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby jo on Thu 13/Aug/09 7:17pm

Not just you. :huh:
jo
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby AarowNZ on Thu 13/Aug/09 7:21pm

The side menu?