21%
Of course I don't run red lights - it is both silly and against the law
69%
Kittens!
10%

Total voters : 29

Re: Crossing On Red [now With Poll]

Postby matnz on Wed 19th Jul 9:28am

Bloody car drivers. Never watching for cyclists. In this case, its clearly the fault of the cars. If the car with the dash cam had not been blocking the view of the intersection from the other driver, the cyclist would not have been hit, therefore its both there faults. ;)
matnz
Member for: 2 years 6 months

Postby AgrAde on Wed 19th Jul 11:11am

If everyone in that video was on pushbikes then there would have been no problem.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby EoinC on Wed 19th Jul 5:55pm

AgrAde wrote:If everyone in that video was on pushbikes then there would have been no problem.

If car drivers were blue whales, and cyclists were elephants, then there would have been a funny video.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Postby AgrAde on Wed 19th Jul 6:00pm

if everyone in that video was driving an old hilux then there would have been no problem.
AgrAde
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby Bigfoot on Thu 20th Jul 7:16am

Luckily it was in Ottawa - which sucks. :rolleyes:
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby EoinC on Thu 20th Jul 10:58pm

The solution is to come over here and experience Kuala Lumpur Rules, where bicycles, motorbikes, cars, buses, and trucks run red lights. It is very convenient.
Of course it does have an annualised road death toll of 25.25 per 100,000 people, as opposed to NZ's 8.19, but do remember the convenience.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 3 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 21st Jul 12:40pm

Yeah. In Bali at the moment. The only road rule is to not hit anybody in front of you. Beside? Behind? Not important cos they need to be looking out for you. And lights are obeyed, most of the time
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby 6cWxDT on Tue 25th Jul 10:58am

Oh man, what a dick in that video! Nice launch of the bike.
This proves that every cyclist is as retarded as that guy and noone should ever ride a bike again, or drive a car either for that matter.

What would be awesome is if the cyclist was Danny Macaskill, pulled on his front brake and did a front loop over the car bonnet, then landed and ridden off in a one handed wheelie.

Completely separate issue, but I'm wondering which car tooted in the video? Some people are so into tooting their horns that they get conditioned to go for the horn first, even in an emergency situation when they need to focus on maneuvering.
6cWxDT
Member for: 3 years 2 months

Postby laworder on Tue 1st Aug 10:27am

Poll needs another option - only when there is no other vehicles present.

I wont do it in any sort of traffic, because as others have pointed out, it gives cyclists a bad rep. But if I come up to an empty intersection, and there is nothing coming either way, and more importantly nobody to see me, then I will do it - because my bike like most wont trigger the sensors. If there is a car waiting for a green then I wait too
laworder
Member for: 6 years 9 months

Cycle Commuting | Cycling - Latest Posts