Postby Bigfoot on Mon 8/Dec/03 7:48am

Im a big guy and am not very thoughtful of my bike when im riding, and ive never had a problem with my cheap truvatives.
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Bb

Postby jdog on Mon 8/Dec/03 8:06am

im sure those cranks and bottom bracket run sealed cartridge bearings. they are almost the same as dmr and 247 cranks ive run the 247's and had similar problems. i got them off a mate and they were well used when i got them and i needed to replace the bearings after a few rides. they are sealed cardridge and not servicable . remove the bb and take the bearings to a bearing shop like skf or look in the yello pages. you might have to order them as they probably wont have them in stock cause theyre a weird size. the problen is the balls have to be quite small to fit between the large axle spindle and the smallish bb shell. it only takes a tiny bit of shit to get in and theyre fuckd. avoid the power washer! also when you tighten the bb cups the cranks will get harder to turn cause they are squashing the bearings up against the spindle. this is good for doing big no footers cause your cranks wont spin and you'll be able to put your feet back in the same place.
i got truvatives on the bike now and the gigapipe dh bb lasted about a week before they started creaking. got another giga dh to put in so hope it was just a bad one i got last time.
as you were
jdog
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts